John Deere 4320 4th and 5th SCV kit

/ John Deere 4320 4th and 5th SCV kit #1  

68BULLITT

Tractor
'01 John Deere 4400,'12 John Deere 4320
I figure I'll start from the top. I've got a MY 2012 4320 Open Station with the e/h 3rd SCV on the loader joystick and PB kit for my backhoe. Now I realize that there is an open station specific kit to add the 4th and 5th SCV to the machine P.N.LVB26037. The reason for it being open station only is pretty straightforward, the valves are manually operated. It seems to me a bit awkward of a setup and I'd rather do it with remote manipulation i.e. cable operated joystick or solenoid valves. John Deere makes a nice kit, P.N. LVB26072 which is marked "cab only". What makes this kit cab only? I don't see any reason why I couldn't buy the kit and run it. I have blank punch outs for additional solenoid switches on the right fender. Also any reviews on actually using the kit? I'm looking to add a cab to the machine so I want to stay with remote actuation. Thanks all in advance.

Lou

/ John Deere 4320 4th and 5th SCV kit
Anyone??

/ John Deere 4320 4th and 5th SCV kit #3  
Not sure what additionally can be offered to you, as you have a pretty good idea what you want and what is available. I'd say "go 'fer it".

/ John Deere 4320 4th and 5th SCV kit #4  
If you have never had the manual SCV's, and just had the EH version, as on the joystick, IMHO I would take a manual SCV 8 days out of the week over an EH. The ability to "feather" the flow rate that a manual gives you is awesome. I had an all-manual 4320 that I loved, but sold to buy a 4720 (which had the EH set-up on the joystick) I use a hydraulic top-link all the time and have had to buy flow restrictors to slow down the action of the top-link to fine-tune the position. For use with a grapple, the joystick switch is sure convenient...but again, the flow restrictors are needed to fine tune the squeeze the grapple gives. Just something to be aware of if you've not had the manual SCV's. Personally I would have all manual ones if I could. That's all. Have a great day!

/ John Deere 4320 4th and 5th SCV kit
I hear what you're saying about the manual vs eh setup and I agree. It is definitely more precise to use manual valves over solenoids when grading, planing, raking. I had plumbed in some remotes on my 4400 with the pb. Very smooth travel compared to the abrupt motion of the eh on the grapple at the joystick.The real question is in the difference in the two kits I listed. I like an ergonomic operator's station which is what I dislike about manual valve assemblies. The compromise of course is stacked manual valves operated remotely via cables and joystick.
Also I see that you have a KK tiller. How do you like it? Do you have any pics of it?

/ John Deere 4320 4th and 5th SCV kit #6  
I hear what you're saying about the manual vs eh setup and I agree. It is definitely more precise to use manual valves over solenoids when grading, planing, raking. I had plumbed in some remotes on my 4400 with the pb. Very smooth travel compared to the abrupt motion of the eh on the grapple at the joystick.The real question is in the difference in the two kits I listed. I like an ergonomic operator's station which is what I dislike about manual valve assemblies. The compromise of course is stacked manual valves operated remotely via cables and joystick.
Also I see that you have a KK tiller. How do you like it? Do you have any pics of it?

I think your biggest challenge will be to find a place to mount the valves, then deal with the multiple custom hardlines.

/ John Deere 4320 4th and 5th SCV kit #7  
Go to the service department of your local JD dealer. Ask them to print out the install instructions for that Part number kit. They CAN do that. Then from the instructions you should be able to determine if you can do the install. Good luck!

/ John Deere 4320 4th and 5th SCV kit #8  
If you have never had the manual SCV's, and just had the EH version, as on the joystick, IMHO I would take a manual SCV 8 days out of the week over an EH. The ability to "feather" the flow rate that a manual gives you is awesome. I had an all-manual 4320 that I loved, but sold to buy a 4720 (which had the EH set-up on the joystick) I use a hydraulic top-link all the time and have had to buy flow restrictors to slow down the action of the top-link to fine-tune the position. For use with a grapple, the joystick switch is sure convenient...but again, the flow restrictors are needed to fine tune the squeeze the grapple gives. Just something to be aware of if you've not had the manual SCV's. Personally I would have all manual ones if I could. That's all. Have a great day!

I agree that manual valves are great with feathering at a lower cost. You can have electric/hydraulic valves with the proper proportional control valves and solenoids but they are not cheap. Possible but not practical as a valve and solenoid for this is about $2000 per spool then add the control on top of this. I am setting this up for machine control right now and the costs are EXPENSIVE.