john deere 4430 value?

/ john deere 4430 value? #1  

chrisdvorak

Gold Member
Tractor
too many
I am looking into trading my john deere 4430 and am looking for a trade in value on this machine. it is 140 hp open station with canopy 2wd runs and works great with good rubber 7k hours. I paid 11k for the machine and I'm trying to get a ballpark figure for the dealer.

-thanks

/ john deere 4430 value? #2  
You will get more responses with pictures and a full description. Have you considered selling it yourself? You might come out better.

/ john deere 4430 value?
I have considered selling it myself however I am in an area where there is not much (if any) market for a large 2wd machine, and therefore thought it would be easier just to trade it.

/ john deere 4430 value? #4  
Have you checked out the asking prices for the same model on tractorhouse.com?

/ john deere 4430 value? #5  
I have considered selling it myself however I am in an area where there is not much (if any) market for a large 2wd machine, and therefore thought it would be easier just to trade it.

I can understand that trading is easier but expect the dealer to give 50 to 60% of the going prices. He has to make money on the trade as well as the new sale. I would rather sell it out right at a 25% reduction on the net and would list it with Tractorhouse and others. Good yet fair deals seem to be grabbed up quickly.

/ john deere 4430 value?
I have looked at tractorhouse and it seems that machine with no cab is in the 12k range however I have been told not to stick to those online prices as they most likely are not current. I also did not know how not being in a largely agricultural area would affect the value.

/ john deere 4430 value? #7  
well real farmers want something a little newer with 4x4 in most cases. Not saying they would not be interested at all as there are plenty of people looking for a good used simple (as in EPA) tractor. I am looking for a similar size 4x4 older tractor and the best deals I have seen so far are the CaseIH 2290 mfwd with partial powershift cab in good shape for 19,000. In the NE and I am in the SW so too far away for me to consider.

I suspect most people that would be interested in your tractor would travel 250 miles if the deal was right no problem. I would list it and see what happens as you won't know otherwise. Don't beat yourself up, you can always come down if needed. I sold a truck this week, the dealer offered about half of what I sold it for cash with no dickering in a private sale.

/ john deere 4430 value? #8  
Another thing to take into consideration is that the asking prices for machines on Tractorhouse are just that, and the final selling price is, in many cases, lower. I can say that with personal experience, and I don't think it's a wrong impression.

/ john deere 4430 value? #9  
chrisdvorak
There weren't many JD open station Newer generation rowcrop built. If I owned your tractor I'd advertise it(no charge) on collector/tractor pulling forums such as Yesterdays Tractors as there are people looking for O/S NG JD tractors. Hours of use,condition & location have a lot to do with value. What type trans does your tractor have. If your tractor is in good condition I think it will bring more than your $11K investment.
Jim

Last edited:
   / john deere 4430 value? #10  
Those 4430 were power houses and have been known to go over 20,000 hours without issue. If I had a dairy farm on flat land I would proudly own that true American work horse! Like was said, if it's in decent shape you will get at least what you paid.