John Deere 4520

/ John Deere 4520 #11  
I would go e-hydro.

I have a 4520 cab and love it.

D.

/ John Deere 4520
How many hours on the meter does it take to have a "USED" tractor?? ;) Couple of drives around the dealer's lot...

AKfish

250 Hours +........... I just hit 290 today on my 5085M... Took me a year to do that. Would you like me to rent a field to do donuts with?

/ John Deere 4520
I would go e-hydro.

I have a 4520 cab and love it.

D.

I hate eHydro dont talk me in to that **** :laughing:

I have a 4700, it has a PR and I love it. Fun wheelie time...

/ John Deere 4520 #14  
I hate eHydro dont talk me in to that **** :laughing:

I have a 4700, it has a PR and I love it. Fun wheelie time...

I have a PR in my 5525 and e-hydro in my 4520.

D.

/ John Deere 4520 #16  
I just never liked eHydro... It has some to zero torque. Rather have gears.

Whatever...it'll spin the tires when chained to a tree or plow...with the differential locked...:thumbsup:

That being said, get what you like.;)

/ John Deere 4520 #17  
How many hours on the meter does it take to have a "USED" tractor?? ;) Couple of drives around the dealer's lot...

AKfish

Hours (up to a point) are irrevelent, it has more to do with if the unit has been settled with Deere or not.

/ John Deere 4520 #18  
I got my 4320 PR with one rear remote and loader hydraulics for 29,100 last fall in Lynden. 0% for 60mos too. Don't know how well I did deal-wise but hopefully that helps. I had hydro before in a 4200 and have run a 4320 hydro.

I wouldn't trade my reverser for hydro if you paid me (I do a lot of ground engaging work and pull a lot of hills, do very little loader work and when I do the trade-off is still in my favor). Love the PR.

/ John Deere 4520 #19  
Hours (up to a point) are irrevelent, it has more to do with if the unit has been settled with Deere or not.

I know... I know. If there's been no "paper-trail" indicating a sale - well, it's new... as you say - up to a point!

AKfish

/ John Deere 4520 #20  
I like the "positive" engagement of the PR, too! There's very little "gray area" with that tranny versus the eHydro. It's either "spinning or stalled or moving forward"! The eHydro is a "softer" tranny - it'll spin and stall - but it takes more to get it to do that...

That said; the PR can be alot more "pucker" when you're in close to buildings and fences and an inch or two can spell disaster!

I can now better see the advantages of the "creeper" feature with a PR transmission, too.

AKfish