John deere 47 backhoe

/ John deere 47 backhoe #1  

Lawnjocky

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 3520
I have the chance to buy a JD model 47 backhoe for about 4 grand. From the pics it looks real good, non commercial use and stored inside. I know it's for a 4000 series tractor but I have a 3520, no cab. Will this hoe fit my machine? How much do I need to modify the sub frame if it will fit? Is it worth the price?

Thanks for any and all help

Lawnjocky

/ John deere 47 backhoe #2  
The #47 backhoe is for the older 4x00/4x10series machines sold from 1998 through 2004 or 2005.
It should be a good fit for your 3520.

/ John deere 47 backhoe
Thanks Roy that's good to know. Off the top of your head will I need to modify the frame much to get it to work?

/ John deere 47 backhoe #4  
Thanks Roy that's good to know. Off the top of your head will I need to modify the frame much to get it to work?

No, I don't...try your local dealer. I doubt you have to modify your frame at all.
There's quite a bit of commonality between the older 4x00/4100 series tractors and the new 3x20 series, so I expect you'll find the parts you'll need.
IIRC, you aren't the first to mount a 47 or 48 backhoe on a 3x20 machine...pretty sure there's some TBNers who have mounted the newer 447 or 448 'hoes on the older tractors too.
I believe you wrote the 47 'hoe comes with a subframe...that's good.

BTW, if you're really interested, don't hesitate...I wouldn't be surprised if that 47 'hoe goes fast...

/ John deere 47 backhoe #6  
Lawnjockey, I hope I don't get in trouble here but I have a like new 447 backhoe that was on my 3720 that is for sale. It is posted in the private party adds classified section. The hoe has less than ten hours on it. It came on my 3720 when I bought it a year ago. I have it priced now at $3800 picked up in SE Minnesota. It includes all attaching brackets. Let me know if you have any interest.