John Deere 5083E

/ John Deere 5083E #11  
Most tractors built in the past 10 years have some elements of digital control. The cab e models from Deere are no exception to that reality... that's why there's a section in the Owner's Manual that lists and explains the most common error codes that are displayed in the instrument cluster.

The ECM (Electronic Control Module) will generate those codes for your viewing pleasure (or not...) when something goes canty-whompus with your tractor!

My "Plain Jane" nearly-as-simple-as-they-can-make-'em; JD110 TLB has an ECM which will beep codes to inform you that something needs to be looked at!

So... long-story-short; this discussion regarding "cheap horsepower" has been kicked around here on TBN many, many times -- and most everyone that has posted here after diligent research -- has come to the conclusion... that it's "cheaper" to get what you really need horsepower-wise before you load it on the trailer!

AKfish

I agree 100%. Buy what you need (or a little more) and then you don't need to mess with it. I would suspect however you can upgrade or adjust the injector pump and/or shim the wastegate to easily bump up the power. After many years of modifying turbo'd cars I learned it is easier and often cheeper to buy the power you want and then leave it alone.

/ John Deere 5083E #12  
So... long-story-short; this discussion regarding "cheap horsepower" has been kicked around here on TBN many, many times -- and most everyone that has posted here after diligent research -- has come to the conclusion... that it's "cheaper" to get what you really need horsepower-wise before you load it on the trailer!

AKfish

To go one step further, after reading a lot about that very subject on here, I've seen that it can also be "cheaper" to trade in the current tractor for the next step up. This is just what I've read, not personally experienced.

I don't recall (and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong :D) seeing one person on this forum who has actually done the upgrades and gotten more power out of the tractor, despite how much talk there is on the subject. I'm hoping someone will eventually prove us all wrong, and come up with a cheap, easy way to get more power out of these tractors. :thumbsup: