John Deere 5093E Open Station PowerReverser & Neutral Lights Flashing HELP

/ John Deere 5093E Open Station PowerReverser & Neutral Lights Flashing HELP #11  
Have you contacted your local dealer service manager? I'm no help as I have no experience with later model electronically controlled reverser BUT I'm glad my tractor hyd reverser is controlled by cable not electronics. Electronic controlled functions are great until they fail.

/ John Deere 5093E Open Station PowerReverser & Neutral Lights Flashing HELP
Yes I have been to numerous JD Dealers but no one has had a fix without checking codes & testing all components.
I found & replaced the neutral relay inside dash this am.
Wish me Luck as it’s working flawless this am .....

I Used the tractor for 15mins fine THEN it started acting up again :(

A JD tech said the fuse boxes were known for loose connections on the backside were wires comes in.

I pulled fuse box out to check for a loose wire.
All wires & connections are tight.
Trans speed sensor on left side was clean with no metal on it.
I hadn’t pulled the one on right side yet.
Problem seems worse attempting to shift into reverse but will occasionally happen in Forward too.

I’m going to have to take it to the Pro’s at JD Store I guess.

Last edited:
   / John Deere 5093E Open Station PowerReverser & Neutral Lights Flashing HELP #15  
I haven't read the whole thread so forgive me if this has already been covered but have you replaced the power reverser handle itself as it has what I assume is a relay or something in it anyway I was having the same problem and replaced that which is a $ 240.00 part and it fixed mine also was blowing 20 amp ignition fuse replaced one of the relays and it still kept blowing the ignition switch fuse, JD mechanic said to unplug the park/neutral switch and bingo that solved the fuse blowing. good luck these electronically controlled tractors can be very challenging.

I have a new Power Reverser Switch that I’m going to install asap then I’ll report back

Removed PR Switch : it was full of cruddy water.
Brushes & Contacts were worn slam out inside it.
New Switch FIXED it :thumbsup:

I’m so EXCITED :D

/ John Deere 5093E Open Station PowerReverser & Neutral Lights Flashing HELP #18  
Thanks for update. I'm glad you got it repaired.
Jim

...mine also was blowing 20 amp ignition fuse replaced one of the relays and it still kept blowing the ignition switch fuse, JD mechanic said to unplug the park/neutral switch and bingo that solved the fuse blowing ...

Was your park / neutral switch at the shifter area ?

OR was it the park / neutral RELAY in the fuse box ?

/ John Deere 5093E Open Station PowerReverser & Neutral Lights Flashing HELP #20  
Was your park / neutral switch at the shifter area ?

OR was it the park / neutral RELAY in the fuse box ?

The relay I replaced is one of two and it is behind the key switch on the firewall, but that wasn't the problem that was causing the 20 amp fuse to blow every time I turned the key switch on, it was the Park/Neutral switch or solenoid not sure what you call it but is located under the operators station/cab on mine and you have to access it from behind the tractor. Once I un-plugged it the fuse stopped blowing and the tractor started right up, I haven't replaced it and the only thing that it prevented was being able to start the tractor unless it was in park and since the power reverser already has to be in neutral for the tractor to start I am not planning on replacing it. Charlie.