John Deere 5200 419 Loader - SCV Joystick Piston Repair

/ John Deere 5200 419 Loader - SCV Joystick Piston Repair #1  

JDidiot

Tractor
John Deere 5200
I recently broke one of the crappy original plastic pistons in my loader joystick and figured I could buy the parts and fix it myself. It didn't seem too complicated but there is one thing that seems to not add up.

part1.PNG

The replacement piston part (R230282) is structurally different than the original plastic piston.

There seems to be two components that are missing to make the new piston work but I can't find the correct parts to order.

The bushings that contain the spring to return the joystick to the neutral position were held in place by a plastic part at the top of the old piston and a retainer lock (spiro lock) at the bottom. The new pistons have neither of these so there is no way to engage the spring inside the bushings so the piston slides freely... what parts am I missing? It looks like a type of O-ring or collar but the John Deere diagram does not give any additional information.

image_67154689.JPG
image_67188481.JPG

image_16856065.JPG

/ John Deere 5200 419 Loader - SCV Joystick Piston Repair #2  
I think you should have bought RE188271

/ John Deere 5200 419 Loader - SCV Joystick Piston Repair
@Zebrafive - You're right. I went to a dealer and they sent me to talk to the back JD guy. Part RE188271 is the correct part for this joystick and I needed to buy two more retaining spiro lock clips in order to keep the bushing/spring from sliding off.

/ John Deere 5200 419 Loader - SCV Joystick Piston Repair #4  
Glad I could help.