john deere 6200

/ john deere 6200 #1  

migablue1

Tractor
I have a John Deere 6200 ag tractor that will not engage into second or third gear. The cables are in working condition and all linkages work properly however when engaging the levers first gear and reverse, park brake work, second and third gear do not engage into gear and no engaging sound of the gears is heard coming from the transmission
. what is the problem?

/ john deere 6200 #2  
i have not worked on that tractor.but it sounds like a linkage problem.

/ john deere 6200
Thanks,

Replaced all bushings, greased, shift lever controls and clearly see all cables and moving parts. On the transmission the sifter lever moves front to back from second and third gear freely however, no sound of gear engagement. Clearly hear transmission sift from first to revers, park, which is a separate lever located next to second and third gear lever on the transmission.

/ john deere 6200 #4  
LX043749_______UN12SEP04.gifMy guess would be a sheared roll pin inside the shift cover. Could also be a broken shifter or shift lever, but not as likely. Remove the cover and check pins #10 and #26. It uses a double pin with one driven inside the other.

/ john deere 6200 #5  
you might check one thing before you open up the transmission.unhook the cable on side of the transmission and see if you can put in gear.i have run across stretched cables before.

/ john deere 6200 #6  
You've looked at the metal linkages that the levers move right? They can get loose and the levers can slip past them. That's the only transmission trouble I've had over 18000 hrs combined on 6 series, besides parking pawl

/ john deere 6200 #7  
would be willing to bet definatelly a sheared roll pin in the shift cover