john deere 670 clutch

/ john deere 670 clutch #1  

thingfisher

im doing a clutch on a john deere 670 and am in need of the parts diagram and it is a duel stage clutch and is also the same as a 770 if anyone could help it would be much appreciated

/ john deere 670 clutch #2  
I'll try to attach the file here.
This one has the procedure and diagram, but not part numbers.
It's a zip file, so you'll have to unzip it.

Note this covers the 670 through 1070 so some of the pictures are from the 870/970/1070 tractors

/ john deere 670 clutch
thank you very much that was a huge help and saved me time and aggravation

/ john deere 670 clutch
well the clutch didn't wear out they were still about 75% but the parts that work with the springs in it busted the tractor only has 500 hrs on it so im guessing someone did something they shouldn't have to cause it to bust in the way it did

/ john deere 670 clutch
Ok guys heres one thats got me confused. I got the tractor back together everything went well. I played with the clutch to see if everything was working and it was. I looked in the inspection hole on the side everything moved the way it should. So spent the day putting everything else back on. Then started it let it warm up a bit put it in gear and it went. I drove it around a bit in different gears. Then after a few minutes I stopped and once I took my foot off the brake it started to take off with the clutch depressed. So took it out of gear and could not get it back in. It would just grind. Managed to get it back to the garage and played with it some and nothing I did made a difference. Just what am i missing.

Last edited:
   / john deere 670 clutch #7  
ok guys heres one thats got me confused i got the tractor back together everything went well played with the clutch to see if everything was working and it was looked in the inspection hole on the side everything moving so spent the day putting everything else back on then started it let it warm up a bit put it in gear and it went drove it around a bit in different gears then after a few min i stopped and once i took my foot off the brake it started to take off with the clutch depressed so took it out of gear and could not get it back in would just grind managed to get it back to the garage and played with it some and nothing i did made a difference just what am i missing

I'm going to guess the linkage from the clutch pedal slipped somehow. I hope you don't have to split the tractor again to correct it.

By the way, if you use puncuation, it'll be easier to decipher your post.

/ john deere 670 clutch
well ill add a bit more. After pulling it back into the garage i looked into the inspection hole. And had my dad depress the pedal and the pressure plate moves away from the disk just as much as it did before. And its not 100% locked on. I can make it slip by pressing on the brakes with the clutch depressed and in gear. But once i take my foot off the brake off it goes.

/ john deere 670 clutch #9  
Did you torch the pressure plate bolt to specs.when I did my clutch on my truck I over tighten the pressure plate bolts on it and it was doing the same thing as yours is.just a thought I'm no expert,Good luck.

/ john deere 670 clutch
well i finally had the time to tear it back apart. I talked to my local dealer and that said do "burn it off" and to grease the input shaft in the trans. so after getting it back together after the greasing it just grabbed a tiny bit so i ran it around and slipped the clutch some. And its almost to the point were i can put it in gear with no grinding.