John Deere 737 ZTRAK

/ John Deere 737 ZTRAK #1  

rmankty

Bronze Member
Tractor
1948 farmall cub
Hello! My Dad has a 737 ZTRAK that needs the hydraulic oil changed and new filter.I have 15w40 oil to use and the filter.The manual doesnt supply much info. Is the drain for plastic tank on bottom,and where is filter exactly? Is there any bleeding needed,or just change oil/filter. The tractor is not turning as quickly as it should during some operations,unless its on level ground fluid level is okay. Its time to change oil/filter,and I believe that will make things right! Thank you for your answers and help!

/ John Deere 737 ZTRAK #2  
It seems like the hydraulic filter is also serving as the drain plug, based on the manual here: Service Transmission. It simply tells you to remove the filter, and make sure it drains into something with at least 2.5gal capacity.

The plastic reservoir tank should empty as the system does, without a separate drain plug needed. Looking under the rear of the mower, you should find the filter pointed downwards near the right rear tire.

/ John Deere 737 ZTRAK #3  
Yeah, that's the ticket. You'll do fine.

Just put an oil dump tank under the filter housing and spin it off.

I've changed my Ferris, myself, many time in 10 yrs.

Those machines are only as good as the maintenance behind them.

Hydro fluids/filter need swapping out every 250 hrs, give or take a few, if you keep up with it?

Plus, stay with what the manufacturer says to use. Don't go using tractor hydraulic fluid, either.
You'll be sorry you did!

/ John Deere 737 ZTRAK
Yeah, that's the ticket. You'll do fine.

Just put an oil dump tank under the filter housing and spin it off.

I've changed my Ferris, myself, many time in 10 yrs.

Those machines are only as good as the maintenance behind them.

Hydro fluids/filter need swapping out every 250 hrs, give or take a few, if you keep up with it?

Plus, stay with what the manufacturer says to use. Don't go using tractor hydraulic fluid, either.
You'll be sorry you did!
I read with interest your comments thanks you very much!!! I just bought 2 coils that mount on back near top of engine--dealer said us a standard thickness business card to distance pickup on coil from flywheel--any tips on installing coils??? thank you!!!