John Deere 7420

/ John Deere 7420 #1  

Edward. S

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere
Might get this if I can get a better deal but it already sounds like a steal.

2003 JD 7420 - 1398 Hours - Probably exact I'm pretty sure. TractorData says that this tractor is tested at 127 HP which is a 7330 :licking:

135 Engine HP
115 PTO HP
MFWD
IVT - Command Arm <- :licking:
Cab
Radials
520/85R38 + Duals - All tires with decent rubber
380/85R30
Mirrors,
2 SCV's
540/1000 PTO Reversible Shaft

Only for $72,000 - Canadian Dollars.
LINK : 2003 John Deere 7420 MFWD - John Deere MachineFinder

JDBNH - If you comment on this post beware. You Crazy NH Man. I rather be driving in a pasture or field than driving in the sky or water. :D

/ John Deere 7420
B-U-M-P- Need help guys might need your suggestions!

/ John Deere 7420 #3  
Looks like a real straight, clean tractor. Low hours for an '03. Pretty sure they're original..

The Nebraska test indicate that the engine will put out significantly more than the manufacturer's stats. But, Deere has typically understated the Hp for most all of their engines - especially PTO Hp.

In your profile you list a 6715 and a 6420. The PTO Hp for both those tractors is not that far off the mark of the 7420. The 6715 and the 7420 share the same powerplant - same 414 cu. in. engine.

Gotta ask... what are you planning to do with the machine? You'd only be jumping up another 10-20 Hp.

Unless your other "horses" are getting tired and you need some fresh blood in the shop.

AKfish

/ John Deere 7420
Looks like a real straight, clean tractor. Low hours for an '03. Pretty sure they're original..

The Nebraska test indicate that the engine will put out significantly more than the manufacturer's stats. But, Deere has typically understated the Hp for most all of their engines - especially PTO Hp.

In your profile you list a 6715 and a 6420. The PTO Hp for both those tractors is not that far off the mark of the 7420. The 6715 and the 7420 share the same powerplant - same 414 cu. in. engine.

Gotta ask... what are you planning to do with the machine? You'd only be jumping up another 10-20 Hp.

Unless your other "horses" are getting tired and you need some fresh blood in the shop.

AKfish

I'm actually slapping the duals on and i'm going to pull my disk and ripper with it because my tractors arn't heavy enough.

/ John Deere 7420 #5  
I'm actually slapping the duals on and i'm going to pull my disk and ripper with it because my tractors arn't heavy enough.

Ok, that makes sense - good point. Alot more frame with the 7000 series. You'll be able to "roll some dirt" with those duals and the IVT tranny!

Closer to home than over near Wenatchee and Spokane, too!

AKfish

/ John Deere 7420
Ok, that makes sense - good point. Alot more frame with the 7000 series. You'll be able to "roll some dirt" with those duals and the IVT tranny!

Closer to home than over near Wenatchee and Spokane, too!

AKfish

Trade Tractors with me! :laughing: Just kidding. I picked up another IH 247. I just have to respace it out and find out how the **** I can get it in to low gear!