John Deere 750 hydraulics load and jerky

/ John Deere 750 hydraulics load and jerky #1  

JOHND755

Tractor
JOHN DEERE 750, 755, 318
The loader and backhoe on my JD750 have always run smooth and quiet. Recently they started running ruff and noisy. I am thinking air is getting into the system or the pump is starving. Oil level is good. Has anyone had this problem and if so what did you do to fix it?
Johnd755

/ John Deere 750 hydraulics load and jerky
Fixed it.

I cleaned the hydraulic filter and replaced the old hydraulic oil with new oil. When I took the filter out and saw how dirty it was I realized that was causing the oil not to get to the pump and starve it. I have a solvent tank at work so I took the filter in and washed it out really good and used compressed air to blow it out.The hydraulics are now smooth, quiet and responsive. Bought my 750 about a year ago but never had anything to go by to figure out if the hydraulics were working as they should. Everything seemed to be fine but looking back I can see they were always a little slow. My 750 has both the backhoe and end loader and I use both of them a lot around the house.

/ John Deere 750 hydraulics load and jerky #5  
I presume this is the screen that was cleanable. Glad you are working good now.

/ John Deere 750 hydraulics load and jerky #6  
I cleaned the hydraulic filter and replaced the old hydraulic oil with new oil. When I took the filter out and saw how dirty it was I realized that was causing the oil not to get to the pump and starve it. I have a solvent tank at work so I took the filter in and washed it out really good and used compressed air to blow it out.The hydraulics are now smooth, quiet and responsive. Bought my 750 about a year ago but never had anything to go by to figure out if the hydraulics were working as they should. Everything seemed to be fine but looking back I can see they were always a little slow. My 750 has both the backhoe and end loader and I use both of them a lot around the house.

That's what I would have told you to do:laughing:

Next thing I have to do is try and tighten up all the pins in the backhoe arm. Backhoe has a lot of slop and it is almost impossible to widen a trench without re-positioning the tractor so it pulls back straight. The pins have a lot of miles on them so what I think I have to do is put some new bushings or sleeves in the holes along with new pins to tighten everything back up. Anyone know a good place to buy different size backhoe buckets for John Deer 7?