John Deere 750 value

/ John Deere 750 value #1  

greenfield123

Tractor
John Deere 750
Greetings all -- I have a tractor that I'd like to sell and want your impression on a price that I should ask. It's a late 1980's John Deere model 750 with a model 67 loader and model 7 backhoe. It's a 3 cylinder Yanmar with 19 horsepower or so with 1530 hours on it. It always starts no problem and everything seems to work fine, and I would say the overall shape of it would be "good/average". It's got a new battery, new front tires, and I installed new steering knuckle seals recently. The downside to it is the rear tires (turf) are dry rotted but hold air just fine, and the cylinders on the backhoe all leak. I've thought about pulling the cylinders and installing new seals, and might if it helps sell the thing. Question is: What is a reasonable price I can expect, the best case scenario and the fire sale price. I'm in the mid-atlantic area if that makes a difference.

/ John Deere 750 value #3  
6 listings on Tractor House from $5,000 to $7,500 just for the tractor without the loader and backhoe.

I would guess, and I mean guess in this market, add another $2,000-$2,500 for the loader and $4,500 for the backhoe. You could search tractorhouse for listings for loaders and backhoes.

I'd say put new rear tires on it before fixing leaky seals, but I'd lean towards AG tires instead of turf ones.

New prices are so high that people are always looking for good used equipment.

/ John Deere 750 value #4  
I owned a 650 for 25 years and loved it. If your 750 (4WD?) were sitting in my driveway, I'd give you $5000 easy, more if it were in good shape. $7500 is a good starting point, and maybe be negotiated down a bit, if you agree that the condition isn't perfect. Tires and cylinder seals are not a big deal. One selling feature to keep in mind, it can be repaired without a computer - nothing electronic to go wrong! Don't get dealt down too far, those are good solid simple tractors!

/ John Deere 750 value #5  
Greetings all -- I have a tractor that I'd like to sell and want your impression on a price that I should ask. It's a late 1980's John Deere model 750 with a model 67 loader and model 7 backhoe. It's a 3 cylinder Yanmar with 19 horsepower or so with 1530 hours on it. It always starts no problem and everything seems to work fine, and I would say the overall shape of it would be "good/average". It's got a new battery, new front tires, and I installed new steering knuckle seals recently. The downside to it is the rear tires (turf) are dry rotted but hold air just fine, and the cylinders on the backhoe all leak. I've thought about pulling the cylinders and installing new seals, and might if it helps sell the thing. Question is: What is a reasonable price I can expect, the best case scenario and the fire sale price. I'm in the mid-atlantic area if that makes a difference.

Wondering if it has 4wd and power steering? How long have you owned it?

From the late 1080s probably makes it one of the 100% Yanmar built JDs - which is an advantage qualitywise.
You might want to also mention it on the vintage Yanmar forum here.
Those guys don't mnd doing repairs, but too rarely get a shot at an original with all the options.
rScotty

/ John Deere 750 value
Yes it is 4wd with power steering. Thanks, forgot to mention.

/ John Deere 750 value #7  
That's a pretty nice setup to have the loader, 4wd, PS, and the backhoe. Someone spent some bucks to buy all that new. Yanmar made really good equipment then and still does today. The buyers who know what you have will pay more than the ones who don't really know tractor A from tractor B.

/ John Deere 750 value #8  
That's a pretty nice setup to have the loader, 4wd, PS, and the backhoe. Someone spent some bucks to buy all that new. Yanmar made really good equipment then and still does today. The buyers who know what you have will pay more than the ones who don't really know tractor A from tractor B.

That's what I was thinking. Everything in one package, he says it all works and is in average condition. Made by one great company for another, simple pre-emissions & pre-electronic design with a manual tranny, open circuit hydraulics, and separate mechanical injectors.
It doesn't get much more basic than that - and Yanmar would be everyone's choice to make it. It's from their "golden era", and the size is perfect for a 5 acres farmette.

So for a person who likes used equipment, it would be hard to find a better fit. Trailerable, too.

/ John Deere 750 value #9  
Just for reference I bought a new John Deere 750 in 1987. It was 4 wheel drive, with a 60" belly mower. The belly mower adds the front PTO arrangement. I also purchased the power steering with turf tires. It cost in 1987 dollars with 7.5% sales tax $12,200. I traded it in in 2006 with approx 1200 hours on it and got $8500 dollars for a trade in on my present John Deere compact 4320. Just some local history.

/ John Deere 750 value #10  
$8,500 tops if everything works. As is $7,000.