john deere 755 radiator

/ john deere 755 radiator #1  

BigNotEasyGuy

Tractor
John Deere 755
Last year when I bought my year's worth of hay I was stacking the 3x3x8 bails by strapping them to my 755's FEL and lifting one on top of another so it wasn't that high. Well one swung back and rammed into my front grill which resulted in the radiator getting pushed back into the fan. So I have a nice circular mark in the radiator now and it got scarred badly near the top. Coolant just shoots out and onto the fan where it was getting sprayed back at me.

So over the winter I have been searching for a used radiator that would fit. My local dealer can get a new one but it's $500. I was curious if anyone had any ideas on where to find used parts? Nothing turned up on ebay, and I have called several places I found online like All States, etc.

Another question I was curious about is do you have to use the exact model's radiator? Other than the fit on the frame, wouldn't just about any radiator with the right volume work to cool the engine? Couldn't I attach hoses to a slightly different part and then keep my eye out for a replacement?

Thanks for any suggestions (other than, "Don't use your FEL to stack hay," I already figured that out myself...).