John Deere 755 Turbo

/ John Deere 755 Turbo #11  
how much oil pressure are you running to your turbo. my bosses buddy said that 60psi on the engine i have is too much and how would a guy go about reducing the pressure. thanks

/ John Deere 755 Turbo #12  
I have a 855. Has anyone attempted to advance the timing or increase fuel to add a few HP? Just thinking it might be a little easier than a turbo.

/ John Deere 755 Turbo #13  
Nick359,

Here is an idea about bending the pipe without kinking.

Since you are using conventional pipe, thread both ends and put a cap on one end. Fill/pack with sand and install the second end cap. Bend the pipe. The sand should keep the walls from collapsing. Applying heat on the bend may help make it easier to bend. Yes there would be some wasted pipe, but it sounds like you are handy with the welder and familiar with making headers.

Brainstorming other possible sources of tubing bends...
I do not know of a source for prebent exhaust in smaller sizes, but wonder what might be available for performance snowmobiles, go-cart, jr dragsters and smaller motorcycle exhaust systems.

Here is another thought. Stainless steel tubing bends are available in smaller and metric tubing sizes. It is typically used to make piping systems for the manufacturing of beverage/food/drug production. It is expensive, but is an option.

Thanks for keeping us posted on the progress.

/ John Deere 755 Turbo
I am going to scrap the idea of making the header, for now anyway. The stock manifold is designed pretty well. It looks like it will flow better than I thought. Also I am only expecting to get 5 to 10 hp out of it.

The header was more for the turbo placement and to say I did it. I thought I could make the header in a day or two. The ports on the head are 1" by 5/8" if I remember correctly. Also the bolts are very close to the top and bottom edges, so the pipe of the header would be restricted in that area.

I am going to put the turbo on the side, drain the oil to the pan, and make some support brackets to hold the weight. I kept making compromises along the way. I had to take a step back and reevaluate the situation. I can make three cuts and two welds to get the turbo in a better spot.

I threw in a pic of the Toyota too.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 762
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 560
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 541
   / John Deere 755 Turbo
how much oil pressure are you running to your turbo. my bosses buddy said that 60psi on the engine i have is too much and how would a guy go about reducing the pressure. thanks

I only have an idiot light on my tractor, so I don't know the pressure. The oil feed on the turbo is restricted.

/ John Deere 755 Turbo
I have a 855. Has anyone attempted to advance the timing or increase fuel to add a few HP? Just thinking it might be a little easier than a turbo.

If the pumps are similar, you have to take off the cap and then turn the screw under it. I will let you know what I do when I get that far.

Bigkrank. I have some 1 5/8" mandrel bends left from a header project. My dad has a salvage yard and I raided the cars on scrap row for radiator hoses. I should have enouph to get something made. I am going to try to use the stock aircleaner in the stock location. I will have to cut off the mount and reweld it, but it will fit.

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 405
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:
   / John Deere 755 Turbo #18  
I currently have a Mitsubishi MT180HD. It is 18HP. It has the same exact engine as it's big brother which is 21HP. The only difference per the manual is a 3 degree increase in timing. I have thought about adjusting it but I have never done it before.

Would be nice to do it to my Deere too.

Greg

/ John Deere 755 Turbo #20  
how is your oil feed line restricted?