John Deere 777 electrical issues

/ John Deere 777 electrical issues #1  

heart attack

Tractor
JD 777
Good Morning,
I have a JD777 ZTR with 335 hrs run time. It is not commercially used and well taken care of. I have already replaced the voltage regulator and just yesterday the PTO clutch, the stator checks out good with 27 vac and 0 ohms restistance. After an hour of mowing the pto drops out (first) and few minutes later (before I can get back to the garage the machine quits. I must be missing something for sure. All the connectors are in good shape unless I am missing a hidden one ? I do not have an electrical schematic and my local dealer will not give me a copy (the dealership changed hands and I did not buy the machine from the new owner) I am being told that they will pick up the machine and repair it or sell me a repair manual for around one hundred dollars, with an attitude like this I will never go near the place. Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions ? The PTO clutch was replaced because it was drawing over 11 amps, the new clutch is drawing right around 7 amps or a little less. I am at witts end !!!!!!!!! Battery also replaced even though it checked out OK. HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ John Deere 777 electrical issues #2  
I would not give you anything either. It is a business and are in business to make a profit, not give people things. Today everyone expects everything given to them and don't want to work or pay for it . Welcome

/ John Deere 777 electrical issues
I don't expect anything for for nothing. I bought the machine from the previous JD dealer at the same location for 11 grand. Shortly after I bought the machine the dealer ship closed its doors so all of us that bought machines from them are on our own, no service, no parts, no nothing for 2 years, and you think everyone up here expects everything given to them for free !!!!!!!! I'll bet your, never mind, sorry I bothered you for help.................

/ John Deere 777 electrical issues #4  
Obviously you expect a wiring diagram for free or you would'nt be bashing the new local dealer. Go ahead and shotgun some more parts at it. When you are tired of that approach maybe the pay the dealer to pick it up and fix it or buy a repair manual approach wont sound so bad. Your machine is easily repairable but with your attitude sounds like it will be a while before that happens. There are a lot of people willing to help you especially in this forum but dont criticise a dealer for wanting to stay in business by making money.

/ John Deere 777 electrical issues
Hey JO BOTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FIXED..... BAD RELAY, NO DEALER AND NO FREE SCHEMATIC, thanks for all your knowledge, you were a great help. With help from people like you and bad dealers (same people running the same dealership under a different name 30 months later after spending time in prison for fraud, yes NOW this is dealer bashing not the fact that they wouldn't give me a copy of a schematic. What in sam **** did you think all the people that bought equipment from this dealership did for service, parts, attachments etc for those 30 months ? This dealer left a bad taste is a lot of peoples mouths as you do with me. Twenty seven years in the Marines fighting for the like of you !!! Never again. Semper FI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ John Deere 777 electrical issues #7  
Hey JO BOTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FIXED..... BAD RELAY, NO DEALER AND NO FREE SCHEMATIC, thanks for all your knowledge, you were a great help. With help from people like you and bad dealers (same people running the same dealership under a different name 30 months later after spending time in prison for fraud, yes NOW this is dealer bashing not the fact that they wouldn't give me a copy of a schematic. What in sam **** did you think all the people that bought equipment from this dealership did for service, parts, attachments etc for those 30 months ? This dealer left a bad taste is a lot of peoples mouths as you do with me. Twenty seven years in the Marines fighting for the like of you !!! Never again. Semper FI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now I know why your user name is "heart attack" You should "lighten up" a little. Thanks for the life story.
Glad you fixed your machine.

/ John Deere 777 electrical issues #8  

Way to Go Hero

/ John Deere 777 electrical issues #9  
I have the same electrical problem with my 777 zero turn. Which relay did you have to replace?

/ John Deere 777 electrical issues #10  
mowboy
:welcome: to TBN
Since this thread is a bit old, maybe send a PM to the poster that you have the question.. that will get to his/her email for a faster response.

Or explain a little more about what your electrical problem is and what has led up to the problem. Help surely will be forthcoming.