John Deere 790

/ John Deere 790 #1  

nck39110

Tractor
new holland 1715
I have a John Deere 790 tractor and the other day I was bush hogging and the tractor got stuck and I had to pull it out with my truck. Then when I went to load it back on the trailer I noticed the rear wheels had to power and the front wheel was the only one that had power it's like my rear tires won't spin when I put it in gear

/ John Deere 790
Hello, have you tried the differential lock or put it into 2wd?

Yes I have tried the differential lock when I put it in two wheel drive it won't go anywhere in gear

/ John Deere 790 #4  
So was it is neutral when you pulled it out? If not, you may have damaged something internal.

/ John Deere 790
So was it is neutral when you pulled it out? If not, you may have damaged something internal.

Yes it was in neutral when I pulled it out and I had it in 4 wheel drive

/ John Deere 790

Yeah it was in neutral when I pulled it out and now when I put it in 2 wheel drive it won't go anywhere

/ John Deere 790 #7  
Well, something in the driveline is obviously, since it was in 4WD while you pulled it, then the 4 wheels (well really 2 or 3) was still linked mechanically. I don't think your going to diagnose this without some disassembly unfortunately. If you've never used JDParts, you might want to get familiar with it now and also get a service manual for the machine.

/ John Deere 790 #8  
I suspect it failed prior to this and is why you got stuck. Not familiar with the 790 driveline but hope it is a simple fix for you.