John Deere 8 speed powershift

/ John Deere 8 speed powershift #1  

Timberjack75

Tractor
Farmall super a
Was wondering if the 8 speed powershift trans was the same in the ag tractors as the industrial equipment of the same era? Thank you

/ John Deere 8 speed powershift #3  
Was wondering if the 8 speed powershift trans was the same in the ag tractors as the industrial equipment of the same era? Thank you

Free parts book on the JD web site which will also cross reference which machines used identical parts .

/ John Deere 8 speed powershift
Couldn't find much that crossed over, im in the logging business and it looks like I'm going to be buying an 80s vintage JD Skidder. It's fairly cheap so I'm figuring on monkeying with it. I can't see that there's a ton of difference but I've been wrong before

/ John Deere 8 speed powershift #5  
What model is the skidder? My guess is some internal components might be shared between tractor & skidder but I doubt the trans are identical as I found i skidder with a different clutch housing than ag tractor.

Thanks for the info! The Skidder is a 648D with a 6000 series winch.

/ John Deere 8 speed powershift #7  
Some hyd clutch plates(RE234307) will interchange between Ind & Ag machines but I think a lot of other powershift trans parts won't interchange.

/ John Deere 8 speed powershift #8  
Hello Timberjack75 (Snowman)!
Let's get that new toy up here, we'll figure out the what's & how-to's later!
Your Pasquali pal,
Shadow99

Don't wanna make a hasty purchase haha. Bogus used stuff can put you in the soup line pronto! Thanks for the shout out!

Thanks Tx Jim! I wonder if complete clutch packs would cross? C1-C2?