John Deere 820 Basic Maintenance Manual

/ John Deere 820 Basic Maintenance Manual #41  
I have limited experience of course. I know what I have touched which is really not a whole lot. Really I know my equipment. Thanks for mentioning all the equipment that does positive grounds. Stuff I did not know and good to confirm before going down the wrong electrical path. ;-)

Hopefully progress is being made on the original problem.

/ John Deere 820 Basic Maintenance Manual #44  
I am searching for a manual for this older JD I purchased. Its in good shape I just need to do some work on the hyd's.

/ John Deere 820 Basic Maintenance Manual #45  
tudel

Please call our tractor manual experts toll-free at 1-877-698-3033 - let us help! (SSB Tractor Parts - Manual)

820 Tractor Operators Manual, 88 pages $52.88 $44.95 (SAVE 15%)!
I checked, and they have a manual in stock. You should call the number above and tell them exactly what you need.

/ John Deere 820 Basic Maintenance Manual #46  
029.JPG031.JPG039.JPG059.JPG

I finished my 1020 not to long ago it does not have power steering either, but I am going to add a kit I used on my 1520 (gas) which I purchased on Ebay
The p/s kit works very well, although it is not original , but sure is easier on the arms and can be taken off to bring the tractor back to original.
I really enjoy all the generation John Deeres, as well as making then look new again.

Wnc3 was wishing his 820 had power steering, I have some pics. of my 1520 w/ the p/s unit and will psot them as soon as I
can locate em.

/ John Deere 820 Basic Maintenance Manual #47  
duke,
Great pictures of your 1020, really looks sharp. I really like the New Genration 20 series tractors, I think they were some of the best Deere has made.

/ John Deere 820 Basic Maintenance Manual #48  
jenkinsph ,

Thank you very much, they are a great old tractor, I have a 1520 that I purchased and added after market
p/s, soon as I can pull the pic. up I will add it. Someone was wanting p/s on their 820 , it's not like factory, you can see the add on.
My 820 has factory p/s I will post a pic. of it as well. Thanks again for your compliment.
sincerely,
Duke

/ John Deere 820 Basic Maintenance Manual #49  
004.JPGDSC01941.JPGDSC01943.JPG

jenkinsph ,

Hi, I located a couple of pics. of my 1520 gas with the p/s added, as you can see it's right there
in full view, however, it sure works good and the nice part about it is you can easily take it off
and the tractor is original again.
I use the 1520 for most of the work around the place, and as you can see I have not restored it
for this reason, don't have to worry about nicks and scratches.
For the guy wanting p/s steering for his 820 this should give him a idea what it will look like.
I bought the kit from a parts dealer on Ebay, and do believe they are still available there, I think I
payed around 5 or 6 hundred for the kit.

Sincerely,
Duke

Last edited:
   / John Deere 820 Basic Maintenance Manual #50  
Duke,
I may look into this further, thanks for posting the pics. Any idea what the guy's business name was who sold the kit?