John Deere 850 Aka yanmar 2500 rebuild

/ John Deere 850 Aka yanmar 2500 rebuild #1  

stinson89

Tractor
yanmar 1500D
I started a rebuild on my little 850(yanmar 2500). Back story is it got hot the other day and seemed to have blew the head gasket , so I dove into the motor and found what looked like a bad head gasket, small groove in middle cylinder wall and the connecting rod bearing in pieces all on the middle cylinder. The rest looked fine, my question is what would you guys do just rebuild the one cylinder and head gasket or do the whole thing. I’m trying to do this budget friendly and also it looks like the cylinders have been sleeved but not really sure how you tell this is my first engine rebuild so kinda learning as I go. Also the head doesn’t look to be cracked to me I’m Hoping to just put in a new rod bearing and cylinder sleeve with a new head gasket and be done

/ John Deere 850 Aka yanmar 2500 rebuild #2  
How many hours? Can't really make a solid recommendation for you but you might look at this. Not a bad price. Might have to add one cylinder sleeve with it. SFEK-2500 INFRAME ENGINE REBUILD KIT

/ John Deere 850 Aka yanmar 2500 rebuild
5349 hours that’s what I was doing is in frame rebuild. What’s your thoughts this is the first time I’ve ever done anything like this, im pretty far into now

My motor plate says 3T80j will that kit work

/ John Deere 850 Aka yanmar 2500 rebuild #5  
Standard parts for Fredricks they refurbish the YM2500. Wet sleeve WS-80 If I was planning on keeping it I'd pull the sleeve and be done with it!

/ John Deere 850 Aka yanmar 2500 rebuild #7  
5349 hours that’s what I was doing is in frame rebuild. What’s your thoughts this is the first time I’ve ever done anything like this, im pretty far into now
AMAZING the amount of hours prior to a rebuild. I hope my 3T80 engine does just as nice.

Do you need repair manuals for free, they are on the YTOG for your machine. This would take out any guess work on the overhaul.

Got everything back together almost and one of the studs that hold the rocker arm assembly on snapped. I’ve tried everywhere including John Deere and no one has one, does anyone have any ideas on a different one I can use or something.

/ John Deere 850 Aka yanmar 2500 rebuild #9