Buying Advice John Deere, and some questions

/ John Deere, and some questions #31  
I think the cost separation between JD, New Holland, and Kubota(all major brands too) is different in other areas of the country. Here there was a great difference. In other places (on this site) I have read where my tractor (NH 3040) would have cost more than the JD of same size. Just shop around and find the deal that's right for you. As far as 4wd, it's nice but not a gotta have. The fel I would highly recommend. I love my New Holland, but there is nothing wrong with a Deere.

If you will go to the websites and get list price numbers from the major brands on equivalent tractors, I think you will find prices to be amazingly close. Where the local price differences come from is your local dealers. In one location, the JD dealer might stick closer to list price, while in another locale, the Kubota might be the one holding out for higher numbers.

Since all the major makers build good equipment, this is why the dealer choice can sometimes be more important than what color you want your tractor to be.

My $0.02,

/ John Deere, and some questions #32  
If I go on manufacturers site to spec and price a tractor, then I can go to my favorite color dealer and get a better price, then I can come on here and say that my brand costs less than your brand because I compared prices.:confused2::confused2: Just get the best deal on the one you like, then there's no "wish I had".

/ John Deere, and some questions #33  
Milkman,

I guess everyone has different philosophies and motivations. Personally my goal is not to come on the forum to say I got a better deal than the next guy.

My approach and what I was trying to suggest, is to determine equivalent tractor models for several good brands that have nearby dealers, get each list price and then shop the individual dealers. If the equivalent tractors are very close in list price, then the dealers willingness to give a good price, along with their attitude for providing parts and service, will make the decision for me.

This works for me because I can be happy with most any name brand tractor and I'm enough of a miser that saving a few thousand dollars appeals to me.

BTW Milkman, I really like your byline regarding Humility.

/ John Deere, and some questions #34  
Look at Kubota Grand L 40 series. In my opinion Kubota makes the best compact tractors... period. If you are looking for above 50 hp then look at Deere. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

/ John Deere, and some questions #35  
I The comparable Kubota loader (L2800) does 2700 and 1100 lbs, respectively. JD 300, 1700 & 800 lbs. New Holland 110TL, 1600 & 720 lbs. The Mahindra loader easily swoops up anything you can get it in, and I've never had a hint of rear wheel traction issues. So that was important for me.

Just an FYI, your a victum of a common marketing ploy. Most companies rate their loaders with the amount of material they can put in the bucket, Mahindra (and some others) do not... they rate the loader where the boom attaches to the bucket which inflates the lift by 30-40%. You could not put the ratted 2400lbs in the bucket and raise the loader to full height. I am sure many people with pallet forks and specific loads they need to lift get duped into buying tractors that won't do the job they are looking for.