John Deere Brand Pallet Forks

/ John Deere Brand Pallet Forks #11  
MessickFarmEqu said:
I am shocked to read $900-1000 for these things. Does that include a quick attach plate or somthing? You can buy construction grade 5000lb forks for $600-700.

I just priced out a set of skid steer forks for my JD300CX loader from an accessory vendor. The whole deal is running at $1500 with the skid steer/loader adapter plate, fork plate and forks. Admittedly the highest price there was the adapter plate, which is a one time purchase.

Messick - Do you have a set-up for the 300 series loader with an adpter for the price you're quoting?

/ John Deere Brand Pallet Forks #12  
MessickFarmEqu said:
I am shocked to read $900-1000 for these things. Does that include a quick attach plate or somthing? You can buy construction grade 5000lb forks for $600-700.

Deere has multiple models that range in capacity from 3,750 lbs. to 5,500 lbs. these are very heavy duty forks that take a lot of abuse.
There are cheaper aftermarket forks available but the quality can really vary.

Sorry if this "shocks" you, maybe you should get out more.

Last edited:
   / John Deere Brand Pallet Forks
Actually, Turbo36, I believe all of the JohnDeere forks currently listed on the ag site (the only place I can find them) are FRONTIER forks. I'm specifically interested in the older forks that I believe were badged and sold as a JohnDeere implement.

JEA

/ John Deere Brand Pallet Forks #14  
I found the following entries in Attachments in the John Deere Equipment Configurator:

42 IN. RAIL PALLET FORK
48 IN. RAIL PALLET FORK

I don't know if these require a skid-steer mounting kit for the loader, but it says they will fit the 300CX, 400X, and 400CX, among others. They might also fit older models. Price for the 48 inch model is $773 in the configurator.

/ John Deere Brand Pallet Forks #15  
GreenWannabe said:
I found the following entries in Attachments in the John Deere Equipment Configurator:

42 IN. RAIL PALLET FORK
48 IN. RAIL PALLET FORK

I don't know if these require a skid-steer mounting kit for the loader, but it says they will fit the 300CX, 400X, and 400CX, among others. They might also fit older models. Price for the 48 inch model is $773 in the configurator.

Don't know why I can't seem to find things on the JD site worth a hoot. I think Deere did a great job with their site for configuring the tractors but the accessories and implements section just "bites it" if you ask me. I know - you didn't - sorry.

GreenW - can you put a link up to where you found those JD forks? Thanks.

/ John Deere Brand Pallet Forks #16  
I have about $250 in this set and it is nearly identical to the JD brand. I use them with a 430 loader on my 990. I have a cad plan set if you are interested. The quick attach pins and hooks are available from JD for about $30. I got the tines from a salvage yard for $100.

I know you are looking to buy and so was I until I was quoted $1100 from the JD dealer.

Fork_Lift_1.jpg

Fork_Lift_2.jpg

/ John Deere Brand Pallet Forks #17  
MessickFarmEqu said:
I'm with you on this one. I bought a new set of CAT forks for $600 a few years ago. Bought a very nice used set of Bobcat forks 5 years ago for $400. Steel prices have gone up some since then.

Last edited:
   / John Deere Brand Pallet Forks #18  
From Residential, Commercial, or Golf and Turf, click on the Products and Equipment tab. On that page, click on Build your own. (or you can go directly to DEERE-index and select Residential, Commercial, or Golf and Turf there.) Click on the Utility Tractors and Attachments radial button, select Build and Accessorize (default option), and click on the Continue button. Next, click on the down arrow for Attachments. A list of attachments pops open, allowing you to choose whatever JD attachment you want. And yes, the Rail Pallet Forks are on the list. Then click on the Continue button to the right of the down arrow, and it will take you to the attachnent you picked, with all its options.

/ John Deere Brand Pallet Forks #19  
:D Hello all,, this is my first post, as I've been trolling around for a little bit, reading and getting ideas. I must say, I've already learned a ton of stuff from you guys, Thanks !! I think I found my new "online hangout" !! The great information and photos that are part of this online community are simply amazing to me !! Gizmo, that fork attachment is beautiful. Nice Job !! I've been planning to build a fork rack for my 4120,,,and yours is exactly what I've had in mind.
I just picked up a set of forks today,,, and my hooks and pins from JD parts came in the other day. Now, I just have to buy some steel !! Hopefully I'll figure out how to post photos soon,,, and perhaps post pics of my progress.:D

/ John Deere Brand Pallet Forks #20  
Gizmo, Nice work! I'm looking to make a fork set-up like you did for my mahindra M106. Just curious if you know what your fork set-up weights?
My FEL can only lift 1050 lbs so i'd like to try and build them as lite-weight as possible. I'm trying to get some old forks from a local fork lift repair company.