John Deere Corn Planter?

/ John Deere Corn Planter? #1  

ldanielstn

Tractor
NA
Hello all my Uncle is looking for a replacement part on his JD Corn hopper from JD 2 row corn planter. The planter number is 247. The part on the hopper is 1771B and it is a pinion drive double gear on each end.

Any advice is most appreciated.

/ John Deere Corn Planter? #2  
dan
:welcome: to TBN

Don't know where to find the part, but did find what I think you are looking for in jdparts. Key # 33 in this schematic..

Attachments

• 247_planter.jpg
    247_planter.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 115
   / John Deere Corn Planter?
dan
:welcome: to TBN

Don't know where to find the part, but did find what I think you are looking for in jdparts. Key # 33 in this schematic..

So a dealer informed me that it is an obsolete part. Any ideas on an aftermarket or other source that might have such a thing?

/ John Deere Corn Planter? #5  
So a dealer informed me that it is an obsolete part. Any ideas on an aftermarket or other source that might have such a thing?

I think I might try one more dealer and hope the first one was mistaken.

/ John Deere Corn Planter? #6  
I have had parts custom made and have been contemplating buying another unit to harvest parts from. Dealer did have one fertilizer gear I needed but had to have another part completely made from scratch. Nice planters though. Fertilizer parts almost impossible to get. Shoes/runners are still available from JD. They are a wear item.

/ John Deere Corn Planter? #8  
The following statement appears when I enter P1771B into my JD parts cart. The part P1771B is no longer available. Contact your local John Deere dealer for other options.

/ John Deere Corn Planter? #9  
I think I might try one more dealer and hope the first one was mistaken.

That would be a long shot. It was made when??? Ebay or making it will sadly be your only shot IMO.

/ John Deere Corn Planter? #10  
Your best bet is probably find another 247 planter (they are however about 60 years old). Another more plentiful option is the 71 flex planter, there should be gobs of older used ones available and can still be bought new through Yetter (who now owns the design). And parts will be available for those for many many years to come

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2018 Bobcat T590 Compact Track Loader Skid Steer (A32932)
2018 Bobcat T590...
Howse Hay Rake (A33548)
Howse Hay Rake...
2017 Ford F550 Service Truck (A32932)
2017 Ford F550...
90B (A33237)
90B (A33237)
Hancock Scraper (A33041)
Hancock Scraper...
8 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
8 Yard steel end...