John Deere F525 won’t start

/ John Deere F525 won’t start #1  

Jbadell

Tractor
John Deere F525
Hello, while changing the battery on my F525, I accidentally dropped the handle of my socket wrench while it was attached to the ground and of course it fell on my hot terminal and started sparking (this was on my new battery). It took me a few seconds to grab a piece wood and knock it off. Now the mower will not start. I went to change the battery fuse, which wasn’t there so I added one (40A) and still nothing. Could I have fried anything else/ killed new battery? I would say the hot was touching the ground for like 15 seconds….I’m an idiot…please help.

/ John Deere F525 won’t start #2  
I would imagine a 15 second dead short could totally drain a battery. Have you tried charging the battery?
Accidents happen... glad you weren't injured.

/ John Deere F525 won’t start
Thanks! Not yet, started w a fuse. Will have battery checked

/ John Deere F525 won’t start #4  
12V looks mighty scary, but it is hard to get shocked by it. You probably could have just grabbed your wrench and survived another day.

Find a good ground, and check continuity between the battery ground and the ground (or check voltage from battery positive to ground on the tractor).

I'd take both clamps off of the battery and inspect the terminals. You could have generated quite a bit of heat causing damage.

Start inspecting with your multitester.

Fully charged is around 12.6V
11V is badly discharged.
< 10V is damaging to the battery.