John Deere for large lawn and garden(s).

/ John Deere for large lawn and garden(s). #21  
I hear the 2320 is not as good as the X748. The 2320 has a ujoint that has a zerk in the drive shaft that cannot be greased.

The X748 is great. It's a huge upgrade from teh 318 and 112. Traded the 318 in for the snow blower. I don't regret it.

Wanting a tiller for the 748. The rear PTO is used on bin augers.

PTO and 3pt are a good addition.

/ John Deere for large lawn and garden(s). #22  
I hear the 2320 is not as good as the X748. The 2320 has a ujoint that has a zerk in the drive shaft that cannot be greased.

The X748 is great. It's a huge upgrade from teh 318 and 112. Traded the 318 in for the snow blower. I don't regret it.

Wanting a tiller for the 748. The rear PTO is used on bin augers.

PTO and 3pt are a good addition.

The 748 has a U-joint that is very difficult to grease on the drive shaft also. I had to get a wrench on it the first time to reposition it and then get a narrow fitting for the gun to get onto it.

/ John Deere for large lawn and garden(s).
The 748 has a U-joint that is very difficult to grease on the drive shaft also. I had to get a wrench on it the first time to reposition it and then get a narrow fitting for the gun to get onto it.

--)> Don't these engineers know that greasing a tractor and equipment moving parts is the most performed task that we do? So why do they make the thing we do the most often, the hardest thing to do?
-- It's a conspiracy man.

/ John Deere for large lawn and garden(s). #24  
I have seen farmers split an inner tube place it around the shaft and use tire cememt to seal the tube and then place hose clamps on the ends. This was a field repair I do not know if they left everything in place when the harvesting was done or not.

sorry.. about getting back...but it sounds like and excellent idea..and a **** of a lot cheaper than the $128.00 it cost me at the john deere dealer to get it fixed..
if it happends again... your way is my way...
thanks ever so much.. happy holidays.!! :)