john deere l118 starting problem

/ john deere l118 starting problem #11  
Thank you so much.I had the same start problem,had.Thanks to this site ,i found the solution. It is the safety switch on brake pedal,it comes unplugged.It does not look like it,but it is.Thanks again.

/ john deere l118 starting problem #12  
Thank you so much.I had the same start problem,had.Thanks to this site ,i found the solution. It is the safety switch on brake pedal,it comes unplugged.It does not look like it,but it is.Thanks again.

I had the same issue, lights would come on, but no start. I was able to jump the solenoid and the motor would turn over, so no battery issues. Once I realized the switch was the issue, I looked closer at the terminals and realized there was corrosion, and that one had disconnected. I had taken a picture of how the wires connected, before removing them all, but didn't have it handy, so I guessed at how they plugged back in, since part of the harness fell apart.

So as you're facing the back of the tractor, looking at the brake switch I put the wires as follows. Solid purple top right, solid white bottom right, purple/white top left, white/black bottom left.

p/w P
w/b w

This is on the cheapo L118 bought from Home Depo in 2006. Paint was peeling in the first few years on both the mower deck, and body around the foot area, despite being in a covered area, and with a cover on. (I spend around $3000 including all the attachments).