john deere l130 fuse issues

/ john deere l130 fuse issues #1  

patrick100909

Tractor
john deere l 130
I HAVE A JOHN DEERE L130 . i RECENLTY REPLACED THE WIRE HARNESS TO THE PTO AND THE PTO SWITCH. I WENT OUT TO CUT THE GRASS WHEN I WAS 1/4 WAY STARTED TO CUTTING MY GRASS THE MOWER DECK AND TRACTOR STOPPED WORKING... DEAD .. FOUND IT WAS A BLOWN FUSE.. REPLACED THE FUSE AND WENT TO CONTINUE CUTTING .. PULLED THE PTO SWITCH ON AND THE FUSE BLEW AGAIN.. I FOUND THAT IF I UNPLUGGED THE WIRE TO THE PTO CLUTCH AND PULLED THE PTO SWITCH ON THE FUSE DID NOT BLOW.. WHAT GIVES ..ANY IDEAS?????? ALL THOUGHTS AND IDEAS WOULD BE APRECIATED

/ john deere l130 fuse issues #2  
There are two ground wires on the wire harness one to the engine block one back into the connector. Maybe a pinched wire or the PTO coil is pulling too much power. Did you check the resistance of the PTO coil? The specs are 2.4 - 2.7 ohms across the terminals.

/ john deere l130 fuse issues #4  
I'll bet you have a bad mower deck clutch and PTO switch. That's what caused my fuse to blow.

/ john deere l130 fuse issues
i replaced the pto switch.. i just dread having to replace the pto itself.. first off dont have the tools for it.. second the price of the clutch itself

if it is the pto clutch does anyone know were i can get a good one at a reasonable price?

/ john deere l130 fuse issues #8  
   / john deere l130 fuse issues #9  
Patrick,\
I would perform the simple test to see what the coil resistance is first, but suspect in the end you will need to change the clutch. That said I would engage and disengage the clutch at an idle after changing. I would also limit the amount you use it as much as possible, I have my RIO switch disconnected to eliminate shutting it down when I reverse, that really saves on clutch wear. I put my dogs in the house when I mow and have no children to worry about. I only got about 80 hours out of the first clutch but since modifying my use I have over 200 hours on the second clutch.

yea i got this tractor second hand so i do not know if he changed the clutch in it since he got it... i know he said he got i brand new himself.