John Deere L130 mechanical problems, any help?

/ John Deere L130 mechanical problems, any help? #1  

midwest

I'm looking into buying an L130 lawn mower with the Kohler twin 23 hp engine. Apparently the owner was cutting his lawn and had too steep of grade, when he was running, oil started coming out from different locations that it shouldn't have been. Obviously the grade was too steep for the oil to stay in the crankcase, but I was wondering if anyone would know if this could have caused serious damage to the engine?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ John Deere L130 mechanical problems, any help? #2  
That seems like a strange story. I have an L120 and have never been able to put it on enough of a grade to blow oil out the engine, is this from a private sale or a dealer?

/ John Deere L130 mechanical problems, any help?
Its from a private sale, he says he has to cut a 21 degree grade going across it. I can imagine how it could happen, but don't know if it would have seriously damaged the engine.

/ John Deere L130 mechanical problems, any help? #4  
There is no way to know if the bearings were actually ran dry or not It would have to be really cheap for me to consider

/ John Deere L130 mechanical problems, any help?
thanks for the help guys. The gentleman that had it listed on ebay, opted to sell it to someone that came and looked at it. I thought that to be unforunate at the time, but after thinking of it, maybe it just wasn't a good investment after all...