John Deere M

/ John Deere M #1  

dodgewade

Tractor
Massey Ferguson
I have found a JD M in a barn. Been sitting for several, several years a quick look over it appears to be complete. All the sheet metal is there, rusty, not rusted away. The man said they turned the motor for years, but had not for a long time now. I didn't try to turn it, but it seems to be well in the dry.

Anyone have a guess as to what it might be worth? There is also a peanut thrasher seems like the man said it was a 1926 model that's complete.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Thanks

/ John Deere M #2  
It is worth just above scrap price, which is about 11cents/pound to most people. If it has sentimental value it could be worth thousands.

I wouldn't offer much more then scrap without hearing it run and drive. You will otherwise have to throw more into in just to get it to run.

/ John Deere M #3  
They are fun little tractors and are very easy to work on. If it isn't stuck it should be easy to get running again. But if your looking to resale you won't get your money out of it if you value your time. For a fun project to work on with family or even alone then offer him $500 as is or $1k if it turns over and the rims are good. At least then you can put some money into it and hopefully break even if you decide to sell it.