John deere metal toolbox?

/ John deere metal toolbox? #1  

tglass

Platinum Member
Tractor
3320 w/cab
Years ago, (I know,when things were still made of metal) J.D. made, and some came with a metal tool box that fit on the side of the tractor. Open the box and there was a pin that held it to the tractor so you could remove and carry it to where you were working. Top tray even had a place to put sockets. Do they make any like this anymore or are they all the plastic non-water type style like I paid a small chunk for?

/ John deere metal toolbox? #2  
I was at the JD store just a few weeks ago....and yes they still make that box. Very nice too....but the price with bracket was about $130.00 :eek: Seems like a little much to me...but it is well made.

/ John deere metal toolbox? #4  
I have seen those at F&F before and they look great. But I don't think there is anywhere to put it on my 1050. One side is consumed by the power steering, and the other doesn't look much better.

/ John deere metal toolbox? #5  
I have seen those at F&F before and they look great. But I don't think there is anywhere to put it on my 1050. One side is consumed by the power steering, and the other doesn't look much better.

What about on the front? Use the mounting straps where a weight bracket would mount? Use the straps to mount it behind the seat, somehow? I would guess those metal straps can be bent.

I wonder if it could be mounted to the back of the seat itself. How is the seat back constructed, anyone know?

/ John deere metal toolbox? #6  
yeah, i just bought one.......very well built, but.....

he got a dusty box out (didn't know what i was talking about at first) and pulled out the toolbox with the bracket......$50 or so.......i said, yeah, i'll take it.....then he noticed on his computer that the bracket was like $56! it was more than the box!!!:eek:

i bought it thinking i could find a quick place to mount it.....nope, it'll be a project, i'll have to make a special bracket to place the quick release bracket....:rolleyes: anyway, it's a very nicely built item and once i put it on there, i'll forget all about the big price tag.......heck it wasn't even that expensive green paint they put on their tractors!;):D

/ John deere metal toolbox? #8  
I have 1 of these boxes. It belonged to my FIL.He passed away 3 years ago and left a barn full of junk (goodies). I have been having fun sorting through all the stuff. You can check EBAY. There is 1 on there every now and then.