John Deere or Kubota?

/ John Deere or Kubota? #31  
I recomend the widest spacing for wheels with balast, and with open lugs
For better griping. Also a clamshell bucket is very heavey and help with gravel cleanup. Look at grappels and a log arch to move 20" log. Test hydrostatic tractors on the hills first.
Stay safe

/ John Deere or Kubota? #32  
Hi, just joined and first post. I have a 25 acre property, some steep slopes and mostly forested.
I'm wanting to buy a new smallish tractor with 4 in 1 bucket to do the following:
Moving rocks and soil
Pulling cut down trees out for firewood and lifting them into stacks
Grading/maintaining gravel tracks and maintaining existing ones
No slashing required. I'm sure I'll find other stuff to do as well.

Here's where I'm at: I'm thinking either a JD 3038(36 HP), or a Kubota B2601(26HP) They are similarly priced, both 4x4, but the JD has a 10yr/1,000 hours warranty. The Kubota is 2yr/1,500 hrs. Lifting capacity on the JD is 615kg and 820kg on the Kubota. I'm having trouble deciding.

I'm curious about the lifting difference given the JD has more claimed HP? I'd actually like something a bit bigger, but these will fit in my current machine shed.
Any thoughts or suggestions please?
Thanks very much.
Either tractor will do the job. Shop the dealerships. Go with then one that makes you most comfortable.

/ John Deere or Kubota? #33  
All good above ^

My advice is to buy the biggest 4WD tractor you can afford. IMO, the models you are looking at are too small for the work you plan to do.

If these are the only tractors you can afford now, take it SLOW and learn as you go. Take care of the machine to preserve it's trade in value because you will most certainly want a bigger tractor in the future.

You can't go wrong with either Kubota or JD, but also consider the dealer. Which is closer, which is larger, and which has the best parts / repair facilities. The friendliness and knowledge of the people you deal with are also factors.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your choice!

IMG_2721.png

/ John Deere or Kubota? #34  
For dragging logs and saving roll overs on you tractor.