John Deere PTO reverse safety switch. disable it?

/ John Deere PTO reverse safety switch. disable it? #11  
I also solved this "safety feature" problem by removing the RIO switch from the rear of my GT245.

I was surprised that I had to actually remove it. The switch's mounting location is adjustable so that you can control how hard you must press the reverse pedal before it cuts off the PTO. I figured that if I move the switch into its lowest position, it would't kill the PTO at all. Wrong. The only way to completely remove this feature was to remove the switch altogether, and then install a jumper in the empty connector.

/ John Deere PTO reverse safety switch. disable it? #12  
i just use a clothes pin .pull the rio up like you are backing up and the clothes pin fits perfectly allowing u to use the inplement in reverse.then you are done take the clothes pin out and everything is back to normal.you do what you want .i am telling anyone to do this .... this is what i do thats all

/ John Deere PTO reverse safety switch. disable it? #13  
I have a John deere 345 there is no reverse until the tractor warms up, forward works just fine. I did change the trans fluid an filter. I am still having the same problem.

/ John Deere PTO reverse safety switch. disable it? #14  
You should start a different thread as your question being lost in another topic may not be answered....and it takes the originals posters question off topic. BTW,welcome to TBN!

/ John Deere PTO reverse safety switch. disable it? #15  
I have a John Deere 160 and the wiring for the pto is bad and I need a diagram for the wiring. I would like to find the diagram some place so I could fix the problem the switch keeps shorting out.

/ John Deere PTO reverse safety switch. disable it? #18  
:welcome:

Start a new thread under the Deere Lawn and Garden Tractor board with JD 160 wiring diagram in the subject line.
You will be much more likely to attract the attention of someone who can give you that help, rather than under this subject and board.

Welcome to the forum. You will find some help shortly, I'm sure.