John Deere rep going to take tractor

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor #51  
First time posting something like this! So I’m looking at purchasing a 1025R with loader, backhoe, and 60” mower deck. Had the quote and price looked good, said I’d take it but wanted the 84 month 0% financing. I got the e-sign and wasn’t able to look at it till that evening and the price was different than I thought it was going to be. So on the way home from picking up my kid from daycare I stopped at a different dealership just to see what I could get for a price from them. They are in the same dealer network and said they wouldn’t be able to sell me the tractor after figuring out a price because they didn’t want to step on any toes! I figured no problem I would just call the salesman when I get home and see what was up with the Price and I had a couple other questions anyway. At that point I didn’t even know what size bucket was on the loader or the bucket on the backhoe. So as I’m driving home I get a call and the guy states he’s the regional rep, and that he’s taking my name off the list and the tractor is going to be sold to someone else! I was like wait just a second I never said I didn’t want the tractor. He said it didn’t matter anymore, if I was at another place I didn’t want the tractor. I kept arguing that he couldn’t just take the tractor, finally I said let me talk to my salesman and get some answers to my questions. He said he would give me two hours and if the paper wasn’t signed the tractor would be going to someone else! Well at that point I’m mad and that takes a lot! And my salesman was trying to call 3 times as I’m trying to keep this guy from not holding my tractor and selling it to someone else. When I hang up I try to call my salesman back but he doesn’t answer, so I figure this rep had talked to him and he was calling to say I couldn’t have the tractor anymore. So now I’m really mad so when I get home I called a dealer not in their net work and they actually have what I’m looking for also. He wasn’t able to match the price but wasn’t far off. The only thing is is that they are 2+ hours away. But right now I’m at the point in the morning when I’m done with work, I might just call him back and tell him I’m going to buy from him. I would feel bad for the salesman loosing the sale, but if that’s the way I’m treated from their dealer network and I don’t even own the tractor yet I can only image how I would be treated in the future. What would you guys do in a situation like this?
I went to two JD dealers before I bought my Kubota. Had an older Deere back in the 80's and always like them. Both dealers I went to acted like they were doing me a big favor by letting me look at their tractors. I don't know how these folks ever sell a tractor.

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor #52  
There are many 'small' and 'family' owned businesses that are being swallowed up into very large conglomerates. Locally I have seen that as well. My local Kubota dealer now has several locations throughout the state. That being said, I bought my Kubota used in my state, though it was originally purchased from a dealer in another state. My local Kubota dealer does not care where I bought my machine. When I have needed either parts or service, they have been more than helpful to me, and when I see any of their people on the street, they ask how my tractor is running. This is 19 years later! You can bet, if the time ever comes to trade or what, I will be visiting the friendly people who care.

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor #53  
“think about it, one person can go to 5 stores in network and tie up 5 different people's time and try to negotiate the deal with each one to see who has the best price”

Wow! ! ! “Tie up 5 different people’s time?” That’s Their Job! Excuse me for wanting the best price possible. . . Especially after he gets a selling price for the machine, and then on the “Purchase Docs” having a higher price. When I was shopping, I did just that. I shopped around for the best price. I went to 3 good Kuboa dealers. All things being equal, I went with the dealer who gave me the lowest price. $1K less than one dealer, $2K less than the other. Seems like a no brainer. Each Kubota dealership was privately owned. The Green dealers in this region are ALL United Ag And Turf. I still should be able to shop around for the best price without fear of the strong-arm tactics he got. when I pay $50K for the machine and implements, every $1k counts.

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor #54  
Last October I decided to upgrade my JD 790 which I bought new 20 years ago. Having been a good tractor I went to my nearest JD dealership and told them I was looking for something in the 35 hp range with a cab and front snowblower. The salesman laughed then told me he had no idea when he could get it or how much it would cost if/when he did, practically had to beg him just to fetch me a brochure. It was then I decided to look at different brands. Ended up at a Kioti dealer, he didn't have what I wanted but had one on order and worked on my behalf right up to delivery. I'm now a satisfied Koiti owner!

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor #55  
I must have the world's greatest John Deere dealer. He has two stores. No matter which one I use, the sales help and parts people are great. They're just as attentive to me purchasing a lawn tractor as they were when I purchased a $60,000 piece of equipment. I know people love bashing Deere, but I've never had a problem with the Deere dealers I've used for over 20 years. I always liked dealing with the New Holland dealer, I just didn't like the fact they couldn't get parts in a timely fashion, and in some cases couldn't get parts at all because the part was no longer available for an eight-year-old piece of equipment. I've never had that type of problem with Deere.

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor #56  
“think about it, one person can go to 5 stores in network and tie up 5 different people's time and try to negotiate the deal with each one to see who has the best price”

Wow! ! ! “Tie up 5 different people’s time?” That’s Their Job! Excuse me for wanting the best price possible. . . Especially after he gets a selling price for the machine, and then on the “Purchase Docs” having a higher price. When I was shopping, I did just that. I shopped around for the best price. I went to 3 good Kuboa dealers. All things being equal, I went with the dealer who gave me the lowest price. $1K less than one dealer, $2K less than the other. Seems like a no brainer. Each Kubota dealership was privately owned. The Green dealers in this region are ALL United Ag And Turf. I still should be able to shop around for the best price without fear of the strong-arm tactics he got. when I pay $50K for the machine and implements, every $1k counts.
I think Deere's market segment is in the big equipment. It's what they want, it's what they're good at.

Even there, they are starting to aggravate people in a big way. That Right To Repair deal ain't going away.

As to shopping around? People certainly do have the right to shop around. What they don't want is Sales People and Dealers in the same family of companies under-cutting each other. Deere itself couldn't care less. The Dealership does. Been there, done that. It's super-annoying. Beyond super-annoying. I've seen sales-people get punched in the face over it.

Now, you go to a Deere Dealer and he gets beat up by a Kubota, Kioti, LS Dealer....... That's different. But in the same network of dealerships.....??

This whole thing was handled poorly by management and should never have happened. Probabaly some middle-management type that isn't real secure in his job.

Let it slide and buy something else. Life's too short

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor #57  
I went to two JD dealers before I bought my Kubota. Had an older Deere back in the 80's and always like them. Both dealers I went to acted like they were doing me a big favor by letting me look at their tractors. I don't know how these folks ever sell a tractor.
Their product sells itself. Friend of mine opened a Stihl Dealership. Said it's the easiest product to sell he's ever saw.

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor #58  
First time posting something like this! So I’m looking at purchasing a 1025R with loader, backhoe, and 60” mower deck. Had the quote and price looked good, said I’d take it but wanted the 84 month 0% financing. I got the e-sign and wasn’t able to look at it till that evening and the price was different than I thought it was going to be. So on the way home from picking up my kid from daycare I stopped at a different dealership just to see what I could get for a price from them. They are in the same dealer network and said they wouldn’t be able to sell me the tractor after figuring out a price because they didn’t want to step on any toes! I figured no problem I would just call the salesman when I get home and see what was up with the Price and I had a couple other questions anyway. At that point I didn’t even know what size bucket was on the loader or the bucket on the backhoe. So as I’m driving home I get a call and the guy states he’s the regional rep, and that he’s taking my name off the list and the tractor is going to be sold to someone else! I was like wait just a second I never said I didn’t want the tractor. He said it didn’t matter anymore, if I was at another place I didn’t want the tractor. I kept arguing that he couldn’t just take the tractor, finally I said let me talk to my salesman and get some answers to my questions. He said he would give me two hours and if the paper wasn’t signed the tractor would be going to someone else! Well at that point I’m mad and that takes a lot! And my salesman was trying to call 3 times as I’m trying to keep this guy from not holding my tractor and selling it to someone else. When I hang up I try to call my salesman back but he doesn’t answer, so I figure this rep had talked to him and he was calling to say I couldn’t have the tractor anymore. So now I’m really mad so when I get home I called a dealer not in their net work and they actually have what I’m looking for also. He wasn’t able to match the price but wasn’t far off. The only thing is is that they are 2+ hours away. But right now I’m at the point in the morning when I’m done with work, I might just call him back and tell him I’m going to buy from him. I would feel bad for the salesman loosing the sale, but if that’s the way I’m treated from their dealer network and I don’t even own the tractor yet I can only image how I would be treated in the future. What would you guys do in a situation like this?

That’s exactly why I bought Kubota. All JD dealerships within 2 hours of me are owned by the same company and my experiences with them were not good. JD makes quality equipment IMHO. So do at least a few others. Dealership is important to me with a tractor more complicated than my truck and still under warranty.

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor #59  
Walkaway. you don't need these fools. There are millions of tractors for sale.

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor #60  
There's a Ford Dealership 2 hours North of me in Tampa. It's the biggest in the world.

I prefer to shop and buy locally, in town here, whenever I can. I like to support those who live near me. So I go to the local dealer around the corner.. (And this is not a small-time backwoods dealer. He's main stream) to look and first thing is, you feel like a pork chop that just walked into a den of hungry wolves. Typical, too many sales people (aka; a crowded floor)

Then, you can't get a straight answer from them on pricing. It's like, 'bring you're OL by and we'll dicker'. I walked

I won't deal with people in a financial situation when I think they're being less than open or when I think they're hiding something.

The Ford Dealership in Tampa? Everything is on line. Price, dealer fees, electronic filing fees -- The whole enchilado.

I made the deal on the computer and one phone call, drove two hours to get there and two back (which, in season down here, sucks). You know how most Dealers have one (1) F&I people? This Dealer has ten (10). And they stay busy. The show room was like O'Hare Airport on Christmas Eve. Busy. Free coffee, free stuff all over the place. IOW, they were customer oriented. And the sales people wear tennis shoes because they're running most of the time.

It's really not complicated. Treat people with respect, don't try to bend them over on every deal and your business will grow.

It's so easy.

OTOH, some people think they're smarter than the Dealer. That they can get so much better of a deal than anybody else. It creates an atmosphere of distrust that the Dealers exploit.

That's okay. Here's the price, take it or leave it. Have a nice life.

That's the way it should be. Don't care if you were the local High School football star, don't care if you go to the same Church.

The old-time, pot-bellied sales people try to 'sell the greed not the need.' And people today are too sophisticated for that. Well, most of them are anyway.

Deere is strictly old school in their marketing approach. They're lost when it comes to dealing with the general public, IMHO.