John Deere rep going to take tractor

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor #101  
This is not true. There are many, many diagnostic things that an independent shop cannot do with your car/truck. These things must be dealt with at the certified dealership. My Son runs into this frequently and pushes work to the dealerships because of it.

I'll give you a stupid simple example. Lose the key fob to your late model vehicle and see where it ends up to get replaced. Never mind the cost.....

Again, just not true.

If you lose your key fob, you just go to the Dealer's Parts Department, get your PIN and any Locksmith can make you a new one. At least it's that way with my Ram (Wouldn't surprise me if generic motors is recalcitrant in their duty). I know this to be true becuase I've talked to numerous people on line that have done it. And there is nothing people on line love better than to prove you wrong :)

Some Dealers will balk at giving you your PIN but you're entitled to it. They can't withhold it. It's yours. Sometimes a polite discussion with the Service Manager is enough. Almost always. Sometimes you have to go another Dealer that carries the same brand

And it's not just your Dealer that has the PIN, all dealers of your make have it. If you're not a customer, they may balk.

You have to be ready to prove it's your car or truck.

Sometimes you need a Dealer-Level diagnostic machine to do certain things and they aren't cheap. At all. And if it's under warranty, less than 3 years old, why would an Indy buy that software for thousands of dollars? He doesn't, he'll wait until the vehicle is over three years old.

I just showed you a MOU adressing the Right To Repair question and you want to keep on keepin' on?

Sorry to waste your time.

Out

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor #102  
I disagree. John Deeres DO NOT sell themselves. It takes a little merchandising and a little attention to the customers. I don’t want or expect JD dealer personnel to take me down when I walk into their dealership but I do expect to be treated with courtesy and have my (very few) questions answered. Otherwise I will and did go somewhere else.
I agree concerning treatment and with you leaving. And someone else walked in behind you, and behind them, and so on. That's the product selling itself. That loyalty and devotion to the product is alive and well. In my County Seat town of 3,500 a new dealership building just opened. I have no idea how many millions of dollars it cost. Most expensive retail building in the County for sure. Every time I drive by the parking lot is crowded.

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor #103  
Again, just not true.

If you lose your key fob, you just go to the Dealer's Parts Department, get your PIN and any Locksmith can make you a new one. At least it's that way with my Ram (Wouldn't surprise me if generic motors is recalcitrant in their duty). I know this to be true becuase I've talked to numerous people on line that have done it. And there is nothing people on line love better than to prove you wrong :)

Some Dealers will balk at giving you your PIN but you're entitled to it. They can't withhold it. It's yours. Sometimes a polite discussion with the Service Manager is enough. Almost always. Sometimes you have to go another Dealer that carries the same brand

And it's not just your Dealer that has the PIN, all dealers of your make have it. If you're not a customer, they may balk.

Sometimes you need a Dealer-Level diagnostic machine to do certain things and they aren't cheap. At all. And if it's under warranty, less than 3 years old, why would an Indy buy that software for thousands of dollars? He doesn't, he'll wait until the vehicle is over three years old.

I just showed you a MOU adressing the Right To Repair question and you want to keep on keepin' on?

Sorry to waste your time.

Out
You aren't wasting my time at all.

In regards to the key fob issue. Most vehicles produced in the last couple years require the vehicle be at the dealership to link the new fob to the vehicle. I call that "captive". The PIN doesn't fix that or avoid that.

And you should never say "out" or "that's the end of that" or "I'm leaving" or many other things of that nature. It just makes a person look bad when they come back for further discussion. It's best to simply not respond. :)

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor #104  
If you lose your key fob, you just go to the Dealer's Parts Department, get your PIN and any Locksmith can make you a new one. At least it's that way with my Ram (Wouldn't surprise me if generic motors is recalcitrant in their duty). I know this to be true becuase I've talked to numerous people on line that have done it. And there is nothing people on line love better than to prove you wrong
I'm not here to prove anyone wrong but rather to share what I know running a business that makes diagnostic tools for VAG cars. There is no longer a PIN code for VAG cars. They challenge/response system and a rolling code. The dealer cannot provide you as the owner with anything that would allow you to make a new key. The only means to make a new key is to use the dealer tool, connected to the internet, so it can access the factory servers. The technician cannot see the process as it executed. No person in the VAG dealer network or parts network can see what is happening between the tool, the car and the factory servers.
See above - again, there is no PIN for many brands since about 2006..

You are correct that any dealer with the factory diagnostic tool can make a key. So can locksmiths who buy the proper tools. As individual, the proper tools are pricey but you can buy what is known as the J2534 pass through tool, pay the subscription fees for access, get yourself certified as a locksmith and then you can access the system and make your own keys. All in, you are probably looking at $4000. (Again I speak from knowledge of VAG cars)
The problem today is that more and more of the electronic functions in the newer vehicles are being locked down while the vehicles have GSM chips to use the mobile cell phone network to transmit data to the mother ship. Access to said data for repair is being denied to the aftermarket and to the individual owner.

One has to be careful to assume that one OE chooses a path and all OEs do the same. They do not.
Chrylser was the first to put a lock on the vehicles data port, preventing access to all but the emission related information required by law. It was easily defeated but they were the first 3 years ago to do so. Others followed suit. The reason given to do this? To prevent hackers from gaining access while a car was in motion.

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor #105  
I think there is a certain amount of luck involved in salesman. I had a car salesman turn his back on me when I was about 25 years old once because I wasn’t positive I was going to buy that day. I bought a Kubota 12 years ago and the JD dealer seemed kind of lukewarm to me. 2 years ago the Kubota dealer didn’t bother to call me back but I got a younger salesman at the JD dealership that knew his stuff.

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor
Well took a lot of your advice, and said forget it to John Deere! Got some bids from different companies and saved 5000.00 on the tractor,loader,backhoe,mower. Got the 84 month 0% financing for no extra charge on it ether! Plus ssqa instead of the Jdqa, so it will work with some of my smaller QA attachments. Way better customer service also!

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor #107  
Great News! ! ! Glad to hear it worked out for the BEST.

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor #108  
Well, don't leave us hangin'.... what did you get?

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor
Got the New Holland boomer 25s with the 60” deck, quick attach loader with ssqa and the backhoe with 9” bucket.

/ John Deere rep going to take tractor #110  
Now you need to send a selfi of your new machine to the sales dude who was rude. Follow that up with a wonderful letter to the manager at the JD store explaining how your price changed on the documents and how there sales people told you they dont want to sell to you anymore so you took there advice and saved a bunch of money and you wanted to thank them for the support. Of course you need to include a photo