John Deere Suitcase Weights

/ John Deere Suitcase Weights #11  
Govind is a foundry in India....maybe they have outlets or reps near your location???

/ John Deere Suitcase Weights #12  
<font color="blue"> I'd be interested but shipping to middle Tennessee would probably cost more than the weights. </font>

Not if you imported a 20' container full. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ John Deere Suitcase Weights #13  
I can help posibly with new suit case weights, i have a foundy we deal with that makes suit case weights, wheel weights etc to fit many makes and models. Feel free to call me toll free
1-866-393-0642

Scott

/ John Deere Suitcase Weights #14  
I haave 4 used weights. I do not know the brand or what type tractor they were used on. These are the suitcase type weights and I think are 100 pounds each. I will be willing to sell these. If intrested...email me at phoexin1647@yahoo.com

will discuss price and shipping at that time. phoenix1647@yahoo.com

Attachments

• 905163-Mvc-006s.jpg
    905163-Mvc-006s.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 1,089
   / John Deere Suitcase Weights #15  
It is kind of hard to tell what they fit, since they aren't quite green, and they aren't quite red, and certainly not blue.
David from jax

/ John Deere Suitcase Weights #16  
tncruzin said:
Can anyone suggest a source for used suitcase tractor weights?
If you do not have a Deere dealer near you, you can try ordering them through a Lowes home improvement store, if you have one of them near you. Of course.... i'm talking about the weights that are about forty pounds. I believe Lowes will ship them to your local store and you can pick them up there..... saving you on shipping costs.

Do these look like the weights you are looking for?

I found two at a locals guys place that specializes in used lawn & garden, and compact tractors...... saving me a few bucks.

Attachments

• Yanmar YM186D 032 (Small).jpg
    Yanmar YM186D 032 (Small).jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,354
   / John Deere Suitcase Weights #17  
P.S. I know the weight in the foreground says YANMAR on it, but it is the same style of weight as the JDs. You will notice the other two weights are green. These weights are about $40 at your local dealer.

If its a larger weight you are looking for.... please disregard everything i've typed !

Scott

/ John Deere Suitcase Weights #18  
Have you priced new weights thru a dealer? I know around here used weights cost the same as new. I bought some a couple months ago for around 70 cents a pound. Anything over 1k pounds has free freight. I was at 870 so my dealer ordered in some for the TC's to meet the 1k requirement. It never hurts to talk to a dealer as they might have an order going out soon.

Also, mine are not made my CNH or any tractor company but by an individual foundry that I would imagine supplies CNH dealers. Also, not all suitcase weights will fit the numerous brackets out there. I know Ford has a few different styles so just something else to think about.

/ John Deere Suitcase Weights #19  
If you do not have a Deere dealer near you, you can try ordering them through a Lowes home improvement store, if you have one of them near you. Of course.... i'm talking about the weights that are about forty pounds. I believe Lowes will ship them to your local store and you can pick them up there..... saving you on shipping costs.

Do these look like the weights you are looking for?

I found two at a locals guys place that specializes in used lawn & garden, and compact tractors...... saving me a few bucks.

thanks for the headsup.. this is info came in very handy....

/ John Deere Suitcase Weights #20  
At most any farm auction I have been to in Ohio/Kentucky/Indiana there were weights for sale. Used Deere front 100 lb suitcase weights bring from $25 to $50 each with $40-$45 typical. Other, about the same but older unspecified generic suitcase weights are a guess from $10 to $45.
Smaller unspecified weights often show up, in the 45-60lb category at maybe $35-$40 each. There are some foreign-cast generic NH skid steer weights around that i think are $50 new and fit the front of my Kubota L4300 and JD 790. Haven't seen many of those used.