John Deere wasting their $$$

/ John Deere wasting their $$$ #21  
excelagator said:
My JD 2210 is a Yanmar, I bought that over a BX 23. No-bleed refuel and 200 pound more than the Kubota FEL sold me. My JD is made in Japan too.Dan

BX is no bleed refuel also, and the smoke and mirrors advertising hype over lift capacity has been discussed here also.

/ John Deere wasting their $$$
ArtVandelay said:
I don't know why, but for some reason it seems that Japan always makes the highest quality vehicles and electronics.

Best cars available? Toyota/Lexus, Honda/Acura, Nissan/Infiniti

Best TVs available? Sony, Panasonic, Toshiba, Mitsubishi, Hitachi

Wow, I didn't mean to take us all Deere hunting.
But one thing about Japanese quality, I think that here in the USA, we are still capable of producing the world's best quality goods, but uppermanagement just doesn't seem to care about anything but next quarter's stock performance. Something I have always maintained since my first job is the thought that no one knows how to do the job better than the person that does the work all day long, every day.
Management has become very detached from that basic principal these days, preferring the fashionable quality initiative of the day.

Now off my soapbox and back onto my tractor....
:D

/ John Deere wasting their $$$ #23  
I can't believe "no-bleed refuel" would be a deciding factor in making a tractor purchase... if a FUEL GAUGE is more than you can handle, I have to wonder whether you should be allowed out in public unsupervised, let alone given the keys to a tractor. That needle moves pretty darn slow after all ...

/ John Deere wasting their $$$ #24  
DiezNutz said:
I can't believe "no-bleed refuel" would be a deciding factor in making a tractor purchase... if a FUEL GAUGE is more than you can handle, I have to wonder whether you should be allowed out in public unsupervised, let alone given the keys to a tractor. That needle moves pretty darn slow after all ...

Every been out on hundreds of acres all day with your tractor? Those refueling stations get few and far between.

-Mike Z.

/ John Deere wasting their $$$ #25  
riptides said:
Every been out on hundreds of acres all day with your tractor? Those refueling stations get few and far between
Can't say that I have, but the objective should be to avoid running out of fuel in the first place. Preparedness?

/ John Deere wasting their $$$ #26  
Besides, a BX23 (or even a B3030) out working "hundreds of acres all day" might best be described as an extreme case of "delusional optimism" :D

/ John Deere wasting their $$$ #27  
DiezNutz said:
Besides, a BX23 (or even a B3030) out working "hundreds of acres all day" might best be described as an extreme case of "delusional optimism" :D

OK, then for your model and one of mine, the B30/78's can do about 5-10 acres at full 540rpms on one tank.

Ten acres is still a ways to walk my friend. Even with a mobile refuel/refresh station nearby.

I usually don't take my equipment back to the holding pen just for diesel as it wastes my time and diesel. I prefer to run them till they are almost dry.

No plan survives first contact with a field.

-Mike Z.

/ John Deere wasting their $$$ #28  
DiezNutz said:

What about when you change the fuel filter.

/ John Deere wasting their $$$ #30  
milkman said:
The BXs are still self bleeding.

I wasn't replying to what tractors were self bleeding. I was referring to why someone might want that feature.