john deere x 500

/ john deere x 500 #11  
I use my X500 to clear trails on my small Texas hill country ranch, which is very steep and rocky. It goes over just about everything. When the wheels spin, I lock the differential. If I am pulling a load like my ABI Gravel Rascal and it still spins, I put weights on front or back. I'm still not comfortable going across a slope of over 15 per cent, though, with a mower.

/ john deere x 500
Waiting till June to see if the x500 goes back on special right now it is the x534. Thanks for your feedback, I will post a pic when I get it.

/ john deere x 500 #13  
My X540 was $400 off. Not a big deal, but financing through JD yielded suprisingly low interest. It was less than 1/2 of the rate that my credit union could give. Right around 4%! I did put around 1/3 down though.

Hope you get one soon. I am enjoying using my X540 very much.

/ john deere x 500
Anybody know what happened to the x520, dealer said it was discontinued.

/ john deere x 500 #15  
Helping the neighbors with their yard today, I got stuck in a pit of sand. Pushed the diff lock, and Wow! The X540 leaped right out of the pit!

/ john deere x 500 #16  
I recently bought an X500 and really like it. I am new to using a heavier duty garden tractor. Can anyone help me determine the best attachment for leveling out some low spots in an existing lawn? Some of the areas are relatively large around 15x15 ft and need to come up 2 to 3 inches and have established grass. Others are smaller and deeper. What attachment would be good for this or is too small to bother with an attachment and do it by hand? Thanks.

/ john deere x 500 #17  
I recently bought an X500 and really like it. I am new to using a heavier duty garden tractor. Can anyone help me determine the best attachment for leveling out some low spots in an existing lawn? Some of the areas are relatively large around 15x15 ft and need to come up 2 to 3 inches and have established grass. Others are smaller and deeper. What attachment would be good for this or is too small to bother with an attachment and do it by hand? Thanks.

My suggestion would be to purchase a dump truck load of top soil, hire someone with a front end loader to move and distribute the top soil, rake and seed. If you have access to top soil, hire someone to move and distribute.

/ john deere x 500 #18  
There isnt a magic attachment to level ground. A shovel and a dump trailer are your friends.

About the only other thing I would suggest would be a drag to pull behind your tractor to finish grade once the topsoil is placed. It can be home made. Just some chainlink fence and a piece of 8x8 wood or I beam if you want to get fancy.

/ john deere x 500 #19  
Check out the Johnny Bucket from Johnny Products. Adds a small front bucket to any garden tractor. Then buy some top soil and have some fun!