John Deere X700 Series

/ John Deere X700 Series #11  
physically the 2305 and x700 are very close to the same size. think of a 2305 as a pimped out x740.

/ John Deere X700 Series
I drove the X740 this past weekend and made a deal for it. I should have it hopefully the end of this week. The tractor is in stock but they had to order a mulching kit I wanted.

I just thought for my purpose the X740 worked best. I spent the extra money to get the diesel model.

Between the $ 350 JD rebate along with my $600 company discount along with my dealer's discount, I think I did pretty well. MSRP with a 54 inch mulching deck is around $ 11,300 and I got it for $ 9,300.

I will post some pictures when I get it....

Thanks for everyone's help.

Bob

/ John Deere X700 Series #13  
Congratulations Bob. I'm sure you'll enjoy that tractor. I sure love my 748.

/ John Deere X700 Series #14  
Crash101 said:
For that money one could buy a heavy duty zero turn such as Kubota Z or John Deere Commercial Z Trak series, both of which will mow circles around the 700.
Congratulations !! and by the way, That statement above is completely wrong, in a sense. An AWS Deere X744 or X724, or X749 will maneuver so well as to leave only a six inch diameter uncut circle of grass, while the ZTRs mentioned above would tear the grass up trying to mow that tight. A ZTR uncut circle is several feet without doing lawn damage.

/ John Deere X700 Series #15  
NYBOB said:
I was told zero turns were not good on my hilly terrrain. I started looking at the X500 Series but they didn't fit my big butt as well as the X700's.

Thanks

Just sorta thinking out loud here, but have you asked if the deluxe seat can be mounted on a X500 series tractor? And will that deluxe seat allow you enough leg room, belly room against the steering wheel etc? I mention this because if the X500 will do what you need, but the seat ain't working for ya, it's gotta be cheaper to replace the seat than jump to the X700 series tractors. And I have nothing against the X700 series, I wish I had one.

/ John Deere X700 Series
I looked at trying to retrofit the X500 and it didn't work out.

When I started looking at the X700 series everyone pointed out that I should go with a diesel, which I ended getting for about $900 more then the gas version.

Thanks

/ John Deere X700 Series #17  
unit40 said:
Congratulations !! and by the way, That statement above is completely wrong, in a sense. An AWS Deere X744 or X724, or X749 will maneuver so well as to leave only a six inch diameter uncut circle of grass, while the ZTRs mentioned above would tear the grass up trying to mow that tight. A ZTR uncut circle is several feet without doing lawn damage.

I'm glad to hear the original poster got what he wanted, however, you are completely wrong in your assessment of zero turn radius mowers. My wife can tear up some grass by improperly operating a zero turn radius without a doubt. But, with a quick 2 minute lesson on how to operate a zero turn radius mower, a zero turn radius mower will NOT tear up grass when mowing far tighter than a four wheel steer lawn tractor. This is a non-debatable fact that can be proved by anyone. Again, congratulations to the original poster, but misinformation does not help anyone.

/ John Deere X700 Series #18  
Dargo said:
I'm glad to hear the original poster got what he wanted, however, you are completely wrong in your assessment of zero turn radius mowers. My wife can tear up some grass by improperly operating a zero turn radius without a doubt. But, with a quick 2 minute lesson on how to operate a zero turn radius mower, a zero turn radius mower will NOT tear up grass when mowing far tighter than a four wheel steer lawn tractor. This is a non-debatable fact that can be proved by anyone. Again, congratulations to the original poster, but misinformation does not help anyone.

Sorry about that. I've been mowing grass for a living - among other things - for over twenty years using many types of equipment. I'm just speaking from experience. But if you want to put it to a test, try this. An AWS Deere with a 62" deck will leave a 6 inch diameter un-cut circle of grass, without ripping up the lawn. Take your ZTR, and see if you can mow around a 6 inch diameter object on the ground, such as a flagpole, birdbath, tree, etc.. If you can, please post it because the subject has recently been brought up at a commercial lawn care forum. There is simply no ZTR that can do that, period. Yes, you can spin around a 180 turn in its own radius, but that's not the same as mowing a smooth circle around something as tight as a 6 inch diameter circle.....

/ John Deere X700 Series #19  
Um, I don't need to argue with you. You need to take up your debate with the tens of thousands of people who earn their living from lawn care. Not many of them load their trailers with 4 wheel steering lawn tractors when they leave for the day.

And, I understand your possible confusion since you are new to this industry in my book. ;)

G'day!

/ John Deere X700 Series #20  
Dargo said:
Um, I don't need to argue with you. You need to take up your debate with the tens of thousands of people who earn their living from lawn care. Not many of them load their trailers with 4 wheel steering lawn tractors when they leave for the day.

And, I understand your possible confusion since you are new to this industry in my book. ;)

G'day!

Dargo! Dargo! Come back to the table! Don't go running off so fast! This is a discussion my friend. You are most cetainly right that there aren't many AWS tractors out there, especially in the commercial mowing industry where ZTRs are very popular because they spin on a dime and it is a lot of fun for newbies. But take a movie and post it here of you mowing around and up to a six -inch diameter object with your or any other original factory equipped ZTR and you will have proved me and all other AWS Deere X7xx, 62C deck owners wrong. Simple as that. That is a challenge to you my friend. And I insist that you take it. Since I am new to this industry you have now been given the opportunity to enlighten me and also show the members of TBN that you're more than just talk and man enough to take a challenge. . Good sport!!