John Deere ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / John Deere ? #1  

BIGDOGG

John Deere ?

A dealer stopped by today trying to sell me a new tractor.

I'm not in the market but we talked and he saw mt new Kama and said it looked good. Anyway the talk went to some of my other tractors and he said John Deere is made in Mexico now. Is that true ? Or was he blowing smoke ? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ John Deere ? #2  
Re: John Deere ?

He's blowing smoke.

John M

/ John Deere ? #3  

Some of John Deere's engines are made in Mexico. I'm sure some other components are as well. Not sure that it really matters anyhow. No tractor is compeletly made in the US anymore. Maybe some of the huge 250 hp farm tractors, but i doubt they are even completely US made.

/ John Deere ? #4  

I know a John Deere dealer close to me just started to carry the Mahindra tractor line. I have never seen a JD dealer carry another brand of tractors before. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

RedDog

/ John Deere ? #5  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I know a John Deere dealer close to me just started to carry the Mahindra tractor line. I have never seen a JD dealer carry another brand of tractors before. )</font>
Gosh, I sure have. Not a half a mile from me is a JD/Kubota dealer, and I've seen this all over, different mixes.
John

/ John Deere ? #6  

I've seen it with other brands, but JD has always only sold JD in this area. I was thinking maybe there is some sort of contract that the dealers have to sign with JD stateing that they will not sell another brand. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

RedDog

/ John Deere ? #7  

there is no contract, but those who do are punished by Deere with higher costs. They have several anti-competitive business practices. I recently saw a report from Woods that said they have 5x as many Woods/Kubota dealers and Woods/Deere. I can say neither Kubota or CNH do anything to discourage us.

/ John Deere ? #8  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( there is no contract, but those who do are punished by Deere with higher costs. They have several anti-competitive business practices. I recently saw a report from Woods that said they have 5x as many Woods/Kubota dealers and Woods/Deere. I can say neither Kubota or CNH do anything to discourage us. )</font>

Guess Deere selling a full line of attachments with Frontier has nothing to do with the 5X... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ John Deere ? #9  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I know a John Deere dealer close to me just started to carry the Mahindra tractor line. I have never seen a JD dealer carry another brand of tractors before. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

RedDog )</font>
The JD dealer close to where my parents live sells Case & JD.

/ John Deere ? #10  

Since you guys are familiar with Deere's. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the Deere 110 TLB and the Yanmar CBL40? I will be buying a 110 unless I hear some convincing reason not to. Thanks for any input.

Status
Not open for further replies.