Jonesin for a 'B'

/ Jonesin for a 'B' #11  
I have the B2920,,2.6 acres, I mow with. A 60" 3 pt mower,have a 58" tiller, fits on my car trailer,,( not necessary to have a trailer),,,,, runs a 7' Chinese hoe,,,has more power and is 5 x the SCUT that I had,,,,,wouldn't do the B3200 though, physically it's much bigger

ABSOLUTELY ZERO REGRETS,,,and they hold their resale if you take care of it.

I also have rear remotes as well as straight rear hydraulic couples,,the dual remotes are for TnT,,the straight couples are for the hoe, or a splitter

Much more versatile than a BX ,,,much more solid hydro trans

/ Jonesin for a 'B' #12  
Usually, the longer you own any size tractor, the smaller the next size larger gets. :D The larger B series tractors are still very nimble units espectially with the loader off. If I were thinking about getting a backhoe at all I would buy that size over the B2x20 size in a heartbeat now more than when I bought my B2620, and the options for the B7800 were fewer.

/ Jonesin for a 'B' #13  
I use all the same implements I used with my BX on my B. My reasons for a change was ground clearance and the 3 pt hitch simply works better on a B. The gape of the lower arms simply accepts the implements that the BX struggled with. I know a BX is said to be Cat 1, but in reality, there are some geometry issues that I ran into.

Loved my BX. But there are so many nice things about the 20 series B's that make it a sweet deal. I traced my experiences here, if you want a little reading to help "feed the monster within". :D

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/.../185147-bx1860-vx-b2320-contrast-compare.html

/ Jonesin for a 'B'
Went to the dealer this morning. I told him that if he could pay off the BX and start me over on the B2920 that I would trade. I threw in my plow and the 48" box scraper that I use very rarely. He tapped on the calculator a minute or two and said he couldn't do it. I was about $2500 upside down on the BX. He said that near new tractors are hard to sell because of the 0% financing on new ones. Given the choice of a new one for 14K and 0% vs a used one for 12,500 and 8-9%, folk almost always go for the new one.

I need to pay mine down a bit. Maybe next year. I'm not sure if he can roll that $2500 into the new loan, but I'm not willing to do that anyway.

The B2920, loader and belly mower came up to about $17,500.

Ian

Edit... took the tape measure with me. The 48" tiller was just a couple inches short of covering the tracks. I could easily offset it enough with the 3pt stabilizers to cover one tire or the other.

Last edited:
   / Jonesin for a 'B'
Jonesin':

Having a withdrawal, or craving for something, an addiction. Can be drug related.

"Dude my computer hasn't worked in 2 weeks im jonesin' for some world of warcrack."

/ Jonesin for a 'B' #18  
Drop back to a B2620 and then you'd only be $1500 short. Or a B2320 and it'd probably be close to an even trade. :cool:

/ Jonesin for a 'B'
It's not the price of the new tractor, it's trade in value of the old one. I'm not willing to stack 2500 of the old loan onto the new one.

Besides, I want more power as well as more ground clearance. :D

/ Jonesin for a 'B' #20  
I thought about a B for a couple of months before I realized that I just wanted one and all the other stuff didn't matter. I wanted one so might as well do it before I buy too many toys to go with the smaller tractor.
Put that BX on craigs list for 2000 more than the trade offer and call Brady Barlow.