JONSERED CHAINSAWS

/ JONSERED CHAINSAWS #11  
To give you an idea, the last time I worked with the Jonsereds, the the Jonsered 80 was state of the art. We loved them, sure beat the heck out of anything else at the time. Talking to the kids (my nephews are still logging), the Stihls are the current choice, they say they cut better and last longer.

Steve

/ JONSERED CHAINSAWS #12  
i have a jonsered 2165 turbo and a husky 455 rancher and the jonsered can cut circles around the husky..so i would say go with the jonsered but however both husky and jonsered are made by the same company..soo its your decision

/ JONSERED CHAINSAWS #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I would just buy the saw that matches my tractor color )</font>

Darn !!! My tractor is blue & my chainsaws are orange. Since, I kind of like this marriage thing, rather than doing the logical thing of trading my blue tractor for one of the orange tractors, I guess I'll have to search high & low for some blue chainsaws. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think Makita makes a nice blue saw, Big Dave. :D

/ JONSERED CHAINSAWS #14  
Electrolux, is this the same outfit that makes vacuum cleaners?
If it is their stuff SUCKS! :D

/ JONSERED CHAINSAWS #15  
jonsered 2165 turbo and a husky 455 rancher

Sorry Doc although you are 100% correct they are the same parent company but its not even a close comparative of saws, the 2165 is a pro saw and 60cc class and the rancher is 50cc class homeowner not a fair race by a long ways. :)

Steve

/ JONSERED CHAINSAWS #16  
The larger Jreds that are true huskys are ok but i had terrible experiences with the lesser models . Once bought 3 x 2050 Jreds and they were all terrible saws . Hard starting, Would not idle or run on their side for long and the shallow bars were always throwing chains off on brush clearing work ( which was cured by putting deeper oregon bars) .Chain brakes were flimsy and weak , stupid throttle cable set up etc etc. For a smaller saw the stihl 026 or MS260 is worth every penny .

/ JONSERED CHAINSAWS #17  
Yup, Jonny reds are basically the same saw as an equivilent Husqvarna. Different color plastic, different recoil cover and the top handles' angle (a preference point for some). Other than that same thing. Jonsered is a little known brand in many areas but are very good saws.

And yes, comparing a homeowner quality saw (MS310, 455 rancher, etc) to a Pro anything (2165, 372xp, MS361, etc) for performance or fit & finish is apples and oranges.

/ JONSERED CHAINSAWS #18  
The larger Jreds that are true huskys are ok but i had terrible experiences with the lesser models . Once bought 3 x 2050 Jreds and they were all terrible saws . Hard starting, Would not idle or run on their side for long and the shallow bars were always throwing chains off on brush clearing work ( which was cured by putting deeper oregon bars) .Chain brakes were flimsy and weak , stupid throttle cable set up etc etc. For a smaller saw the stihl 026 or MS260 is worth every penny .

See the post below, the MS 260 saw is a pro saw, the 2050 JRed was not.

Yup, Jonny reds are basically the same saw as an equivilent Husqvarna. Different color plastic, different recoil cover and the top handles' angle (a preference point for some). Other than that same thing. Jonsered is a little known brand in many areas but are very good saws.

And yes, comparing a homeowner quality saw (MS310, 455 rancher, etc) to a Pro anything (2165, 372xp, MS361, etc) for performance or fit & finish is apples and oranges.

Yep, you can't compare a homeowner saw to a pro saw in any manufacturers line-up, just not the same; if you want to buy one saw to last you (and you're not careless about your fuel mix), invest in a pro saw. It's like anything else, if you buy something that is made to work 8 hours a day every day doing the thing it's made to do, the average person will not wear it out in their lifetime. Usually easier (and cheaper) to get parts for them if for some reason you do need them. Again if you keep up your maintenance i.e. good fuel lines, fuel filters, air filters, blow the sawdust off from time to time, change the sprockets when they get a bit worn, keep the chain sharp, change the plug and WATCH YOUR FUEL MIX, you should have years of trouble-free service, remember, these type of saws are typically made to run somewhere in the 3000 hour range befor needing rebuilt (and yes, then you can get the parts to rebuild them if necessary), do the math thats a long time for non professional users.