Joystick issue - floppy and loader bucket won't curl

/ Joystick issue - floppy and loader bucket won't curl #1  

MTCHF

Tractor
JD 3033R
Have a JD3033R. Joystick works fine to lift/lower loader bucket but suddenly started being floppy left/right and bucket won't curl. We're talking really loose and floppy. Looking for ideas on where to start. e.g. Is it more likely an issue with the joystick or could it be a problem with a hydraulic connection? Or something else? Bought new in 2018 and 500 hours. Used daily but mostly moving/loading manure and grooming arenas.

/ Joystick issue - floppy and loader bucket won't curl #2  
Is the joystick direct mounted to the control valve or remote? If direct carefully slide the rubber boot out of the way and look at the linkage. Suspect something has worked loose or broke.

If remote mount you will have to inspect both ends of the cable to look for the cause. Could be broken cable or as simple as pin fell out.

/ Joystick issue - floppy and loader bucket won't curl #3  
Have a JD3033R. Joystick works fine to lift/lower loader bucket but suddenly started being floppy left/right and bucket won't curl. We're talking really loose and floppy. Looking for ideas on where to start. e.g. Is it more likely an issue with the joystick or could it be a problem with a hydraulic connection? Or something else? Bought new in 2018 and 500 hours. Used daily but mostly moving/loading manure and grooming arenas.
I had this happen on one of my loaders a number of years ago and like an earlier poster said if it's the type with the rubber boot slide it back and it will be obvious what has popped loose and more than likely an easy fix. On mine it was the two metric allen head bolts had backed out allowing the pin to slide out, and it was a simple fix.

Last edited:
   / Joystick issue - floppy and loader bucket won't curl
Is the joystick direct mounted to the control valve or remote? If direct carefully slide the rubber boot out of the way and look at the linkage. Suspect something has worked loose or broke.

If remote mount you will have to inspect both ends of the cable to look for the cause. Could be broken cable or as simple as pin fell out.
I am not sure so will see if I can find out. Based on where it is I'm hoping direct. Looks like will be interesting to get to it. I'm new at this but game.

/ Joystick issue - floppy and loader bucket won't curl
I had this happen on one of my loaders a number of years ago and like an earlier poster said if it's the type with the rubber boot slide it back and it will be obvious what has popped loose and more than likely an easy fix. On mine it was the two metric allen head bolts had backed out allowing the pin to slide out, and it was a simple fix.
Thank you! Hopeful. Looks like it'll be interesting to get the rubber boot off. I'm new at this but game.

/ Joystick issue - floppy and loader bucket won't curl #6  
Getting the boot off is usually the easy part back on is usually a real pain in the arse

Hopefully something simple to fix.