joystick not moving

/ joystick not moving #1  

GreggD

Tractor
EMax 20s (2021)
Hi;

First, I'm not mechanically inclined. I have a 2019 Mahindra eMax 20s where the joystick doesn't move.
I had service done on the tractor, and removed the loader from the Tractor here at home, and flat-bedded the Mahindra
to a service dealer about an hour away. When it came back, I removed the caps on the four hoses at the tractor end
and then had to leave for quite some time and then stupidly forgot about it. When I eventually hooked up the hoses, I
realized the joystick wouldn't move, as it was no doubt out of Hydraulic fluid.
I guess what I need to know is do I just unscrew the bolt at the top of the joystick and pour some fluid in there, or do I have to bleed it,
some other way.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

/ joystick not moving #2  
The joystick movement ought to have nothing to do with fluid content. Check to see if there is a lever or pin feature to lockout the circuits. My Deere has one for when curl or lift is not needed or wanted when using a separate 3rd function on my snow plow. My lever is located at the bottom of the seat on the lower side. It's not by the joystick.

/ joystick not moving #3  
Or just joystick corroded

/ joystick not moving #4  
I agree, it’s most likely locked, my J.D. has a lock and so did my Kubota.

/ joystick not moving #5  
It doesn't sound like it is the fluid. On your other question, you don't have to bleed an open circuit hydraulic system like your tractor and most compacts have. Once you get that joystick working, the loader system will bleed itself as it operates. In a couple of minutes max, the air will be out.

/ joystick not moving
Hi; Sorry, I didn't think anyone replied. Thought I'd get an E-mail stating there was a reply. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions. Yes, there was a small bracket the dealer moved to lock the joystick in place (maybe for transport). Just had to undo two screws and slide it up. Thanks.

Last edited:
   / joystick not moving
The joystick movement ought to have nothing to do with fluid content. Check to see if there is a lever or pin feature to lockout the circuits. My Deere has one for when curl or lift is not needed or wanted when using a separate 3rd function on my snow plow. My lever is located at the bottom of the seat on the lower side. It's not by the joystick.
Hi; Sorry, I didn't think anyone replied. Thought I'd get an E-mail stating there was a reply. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. Yes, there was a small bracket the dealer moved to lock the joystick in place (maybe for transport). Just had to undo two screws and slide it up. Thanks.

/ joystick not moving
Hi; Sorry, I didn't think anyone replied. Thought I'd get an E-mail stating there was a reply. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. Yes, there was a small bracket the dealer moved to lock the joystick in place (maybe for transport). Just had to undo two screws and slide it up. Thanks.

/ joystick not moving
It doesn't sound like it is the fluid. On your other question, you don't have to bleed an open circuit hydraulic system like your tractor and most compacts have. Once you get that joystick working, the loader system will bleed itself as it operates. In a couple of minutes max, the air will be out.