Joystick sticky!

/ Joystick sticky! #1  

CaperToo

Tractor
Kubota L3540
I have a BH92 backhoe with approx. 20 hours on it. I was climbing off yesterday and my shirt hooked on the left joystick as I was jumping off. The boom swing to the left and struck the bank I was working on. It took me a few moments to unhook my shirt from the joystick which was hard over. Now, the joystick is stiff, hard to move and almost gets locked when I am swinging, that is, it doesn't spring back when I let it go. I have to move it back to neutral, even when engaging the boom cylinder. Does anyone know what is going on here? Thanks for any answers.

/ Joystick sticky! #2  
Casper hello. And I don’t know but it sounds like u bent something in you accident. Maybe take as much apart as possible and look. I know it new but you may have to buy a new one. Little mishaps are costly. Very sorry

/ Joystick sticky! #3  
Check the return spring in the cup end of that spool.

/ Joystick sticky! #4  
You'll probably find a bunch of broken plastic in there and the dealer wants $700 to fix it by putting new plastic in there. :rolleyes:

On my old stuff, I just squirt a little oil in there and it's good as new. :LOL:

/ Joystick sticky! #5  
Hopefully, it just bent the heim joints there and not the actual spool. If it bent the spool, that gets expensive really fast. Not even sure if they sell you just the spool.