Joystick

/ Joystick #1  

Ranchin Randy

Tractor
Mahindra 3540
Hi guys, I have a mahindra 3540 and my curl stoped working. I tried to get into the joystick assembly but I cant get to the ball joint to check the issue. Do I need to replace the whole joystick and cables?

/ Joystick #2  
I can't offer any help, but I'll give your post a bump to keep it at the top of the page.

/ Joystick #4  
If cable operated you should be able to just replace the cables. On the joysticks I have seen the rubber boot at the bottom of the joystick can be slid up to access the ball joints or cable connections. Not sure how your tractor is made though.

/ Joystick #6  
Have to checked to see if you can get a free parts list?
With the list you can see all the nuts and bolts etc

willy

/ Joystick
If cable operated you should be able to just replace the cables. On the joysticks I have seen the rubber boot at the bottom of the joystick can be slid up to access the ball joints or cable connections. Not sure how your tractor is made though.
Yes thats correct just cant get the black case off to access the ball joints

/ Joystick #9  
Those loader control valves all used to be 2-lever types, usually with options for PB port and a detent on one spool. Other than that, one looked for matching GPM rating and compatible hose threads.

The "Joystick" type of operation just adds a lot of monkey motion and control cables so that one lever can work what two levers used to do. It's nice, but not absolutely necessary.

I guess what i am saying is that if you just cannot fix the joystick, you can always change back to the control valve being the old two lever type. It might require remounting and some extended hoses

/ Joystick
Gotcha, I can see the ball joint inside the housing just cant figure out how to get it apart.