Junk Deere's Final Post

/ Junk Deere's Final Post #1  

47chevy

Bronze Member
Tractor
john deere 2520
To everyone that has tried to help, THANK YOU.

To all of the people that I have offened, I am sorry. With all of the problems that has occured with our tractor, I vented my frustrations here.

When we decided to replace our 30 year old lawn mower we had a list of things that fit our needs. A family has offered a few acres in the country so our current lawn mower was too small besides being worn out.

1) A quality machine that should last as long as our Ford LGT 145.

2) Versitiltiy, mow our current yard, FEL for the farm, 3 Point lift for different implements.

3) Easy operation for both of us, Hydrostat, power steering.

4) easy to get replacement parts for, our Ford is obsolete.

After looking at several different types of mowers we decided on a compact tractor. The next choice was brand. We have New Holland and John Deere dealers within 20 miles. Kubota dealer was about 50 miles. The reason we went with JD was easy deck removal, NH had to be drug out the side while with the JD we just back over it.

Since the tractor is currently out of warranty, my fix is either replace the clevis assemblies with wire rope or if I can get the right length chains. With either of these combinations there should never be a binding issue.

I also would like to get the deck lift on a different hydraulic coupling. JD has a retro fit kit, DIVERTER VALVE (MECHANICAL) (MID-MOUNT MOWER LIFT/LOADER) LVB25823 it cost about $500.

Again I would like to thank everyone for their help
47Chevy

/ Junk Deere's Final Post #2  
Why not go with the bolts and nylocks? Do you have some special adversity to this method?