Just a GR2100

/ Just a GR2100 #1  

eaf

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130 GST 4x4, BX25D-1, RTV 1100, Craftsman FS5500
Hi, as you can see this is my first post to this forum. I have to say I found lots of info here to help me decide on going with Kubota.
Well after much researching to find a replacement for my well used JD Sabre, I decided to go with Kubota again. Our first was a L3130 GST. I took delivery Thursday this week. After a few minutes of goofing around with it I put it to work on my yard. Wow! What a difference the 4x4 & glide steer makes on our hilly front yard, no more tearing the turf up circling the trees and going up the steep grades. The diesel has plenty of power to spare. I'm a happy camper.

/ Just a GR2100 #2  
Sounds like you've got two nice orange machines! Welcome to TBN. If you don't know already... it is standard procedure to post pics when you get a new toy.... I mean.. tractor! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'd like the see the L and the GR next to one another.

Let us know how it works out for you in the long haul.

/ Just a GR2100
I can not post a picture, having some technical problems with loading software on the new computer. I need to figure out how to reduce the size of the photo file in order to post. Any ideas, I'm open. As soon as I get things figured out a picture of the new GR2100, our 2003 L3130 and the 7.3 Ford Diesel will follow. All are ready for work. Let me know if I did well on the price for the GR, out the door I gave $6,961.50, with the $300 rebate.

oh, thanks for the warm welcome

/ Just a GR2100
Here it is, finally.

Attachments

• 694772-3 diesels 1.jpg
    694772-3 diesels 1.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 394
   / Just a GR2100 #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I can not post a picture, having some technical problems with loading software on the new computer. I need to figure out how to reduce the size of the photo file in order to post. Any ideas, I'm open. As soon as I get things figured out a picture of the new GR2100, our 2003 L3130 and the 7.3 Ford Diesel will follow. All are ready for work.
* Let me know if I did well on the price for the GR, out the door I gave $6,961.50, with the $300 rebate.

)</font>
6960 GR
7750 BX1500
For only 790 more I'll take the BX 1500.

Side thought for 7 thousand smackaroos you could have bought 2 or 3 mowers for your other KUBOTA or another nice implement or 2.

/ Just a GR2100 #7  
For my situation - I might choose the BX1500 as well. But the man already owned a tractor with more capability than a BX - and has now picked the best machine on the market for the mowing conditions he described. Why be negative?

Jim

/ Just a GR2100 #8  
What a nice collection! Jimy makes a good point. If a man has a L series tractor, I don't imagine he has any use for a BX. The GR is a wonderful lawn mower, handier to move around than the BX. I would not be surprised if Kubota sells alot of these to people who already own a big Kubota.
Will

/ Just a GR2100 #9  
<font color="blue"> For my situation - I might choose the BX1500 as well. But the man already owned a tractor with more capability than a BX - and has now picked the best machine on the market for the mowing conditions he described. <font color="red"> * </font> Why be negative?

Jim
========
<font color="red"> * </font><font color="gray">Wasn't being Neg.
Just pointing out the fact that I believe a sub compact is well worth 790 dollars more than a garden tractor.
Another thing; I was pointing out some other angles that the poster may not have observed.
</font>
<font color="purple"> eaf asked for views on how he did - I gave him mine simple as that >Neg or Pos. has nothing to do with it. </font>

<font color="brown"> Also he never specified that responses had to be positive.
Then too if all replys had to be positive what was the point in him asking ??
</font>

/ Just a GR2100
No harm in giving your opinion and no harm in disagreeing. I have thick skin, (been married over 31 years to my high school sweet heart). As long as we don't draw blood. That's what America is all about. I did look at the BX and was fixed on getting one. However, after checking out the GR series I thought it would fair better being a Glide steer, it wouldn't tear the front yard up. Heck, if I need something to do the grunt work I have the L3130 with implements and the 6' bush hog finishing mower. Believe me the L3130 has earned it's keep around here, not just mowing the hills. Last year we had over 60 large pine trees removed. We had a burn pile going, it seemed for a few months. The only implement I have for the GR is a Cyclonerake. Thats all I need in the fall to pick up all the leaves.