just a thought

/ just a thought #31  
<font color=blue>"If it wasn't for that 3 putt on 15 (for a double) I'd a posted a 74."</font color=blue>

WOW! Nice round, even with the 3 putt! Darn things always seem to jump up and bite you at the worst time. /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif

Last Monday, my opponent and I were tied on the last hole. He slices his tee shot off to the right - I hammer mine right down the middle! I see him banging around in the trees once or twice - I blast my 2nd shot (185 yd. 7 wood) onto the green and bounce over by about 3 feet. I have a downhill chip shot of about 35 feet that breaks hard right. I get it stopped around 8' away/w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif. I'm putting for par. I figure he's putting for at least a double. I choke on the putt and knock it by 4'. I'm putting for bogey /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif. He drains his putt and proudly says he got a double (considering where he'd been, I'd a been proud too!). Pressures on - gotta nail this to win my match. Line it up and stroke it - OH NO! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif Did I hit too soft?? It rolls very s - l - o - w - l - y toward the hole and falls in! <font color=red>I AM THE CHAMPION!!</font color=red> Well, I won the match anyway. /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

Now THAT'S the way you want a match to end. Right down to the last putt!

We still got knocked down to 5th place last week, but with our team win this week, we're on the comeback trail!! /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ just a thought #32  
Garry,

Congrats on your strong victory. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

At least I finished strong with a birdie on 18. should have been a 5 birdie day (actually only got 3). I had the putter working on Saturday again so I couldn't really get too angry. But you still hate to three putt from inside 10 feet. Now I just have to figure out how to spend all that prize money at the pro shop. I guess I could use a new 5 wood. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Sorry to digress from the topic of discussion everyone.