just another grapple thread (jd 3032e)

/ just another grapple thread (jd 3032e) #1  

Rackluster

Bronze Member
All,

Just bought a 3032e. Wondering which grapple you all think would be right for me. Got the extra rear hydraulics.

I'll be clearering blow down pines, moving rocks, cleaning up logged land( logged 8 years ago). Total I have 116 acres that needs a ton of work.

Thanks in advance...

/ just another grapple thread (jd 3032e) #2  
Wildkat econo grapple, for sure. You need the lightest grapple possible on a small CUT like a 3032e.

But seriously....116 acres of logging work? I wouldn't even try it with a little tractor like that... You need something twice as heavy at a minimum. Sorry, I know you didn't ask that question. But if that is honestly your goal for the tractor... I'd sell it and buy a used, proper-sized machine.

/ just another grapple thread (jd 3032e) #3  
Wildkat econo grapple, for sure. You need the lightest grapple possible on a small CUT like a 3032e.

But seriously....116 acres of logging work? I wouldn't even try it with a little tractor like that... You need something twice as heavy at a minimum. Sorry, I know you didn't ask that question. But if that is honestly your goal for the tractor... I'd sell it and buy a used, proper-sized machine.

I agree on the wildcat econo grapple....should be a good match for your tractor....and they have some pretty good prices. While your 3032 is not super sized....non-the-less you can get allot of work done with that tractor. I have a similar size piece of timberland....and my 3320 (similar HP) gets my work done. ...mostly with 5' implements. I'm not sure a bigger tractor would be a huge benefit in the woods. I can pick up any tree that needs picking....and I just dont see a need for a larger size.

/ just another grapple thread (jd 3032e)
i wasn't clear. 40 of the acres were selectively logged 8 years ago. messy because theres a lot of (now) rotted branches and logs all over the place. nothing really big in size. just lots of it. probably not as bad as you are thinking though. then i have 76 acres that i just bought about an hour away from the 40. that has quite a few blown down pines. about a third of it is cut up already but there's a ton of brush laying around. I don't need it pristine, just enough to get some trails through.

one of the reasons i got this tractor is because it was lighter and easier to move between the properties.

i'm definitely leaning toward that grapple. lots of good things said about it. reassuring to hear another positive comment. i've got a seriously bad shoulder so the grapple is pretty much a necesity for me.

foggy - i was looking for a used 3320 but never found one in my price range. you have a sweet looking tractor.

i actually wanted a smaller tractor. there's so many tight spots that i can't imaging having a tractor a lot bigger than my 950. i have been able to move any tree that has fallen on my 40. i'm always amazed at the power of that little tractor. we'll see if the 3032's weight prevents it from doing the same things.

OK. I emailed wildcat last week and got no response. Called them this morning. Their grapples only work on 400 and 500 series loaders. Mine is a 305. Guess my search continues....

/ just another grapple thread (jd 3032e) #7  
I hadnt seen this thread and I called Wildkat today and was told the same thing. I also got some quotes for 3 different grapples from my dealer. The least expensive was $1995 for the AV20H and the most expensive was $2900 for the Long grapple. And I still need to do hydraulics.:confused: I have seen alot of threads and also need to keep looking.

/ just another grapple thread (jd 3032e) #8  
OK. I emailed wildcat last week and got no response. Called them this morning. Their grapples only work on 400 and 500 series loaders. Mine is a 305. Guess my search continues....

Don't the 300x loaders have the 400 JDQD on them?

/ just another grapple thread (jd 3032e) #9  
Petroman1 said:
I hadnt seen this thread and I called Wildkat today and was told the same thing. I also got some quotes for 3 different grapples from my dealer. The least expensive was $1995 for the AV20H and the most expensive was $2900 for the Long grapple. And I still need to do hydraulics.:confused: I have seen alot of threads and also need to keep looking.

For that kind of money you can buy the wildkat and modify it to fit your tractor and still be money ahead. I bought the wildkat and had plates made to work with my pin on loader.

/ just another grapple thread (jd 3032e) #10  

Maybe somebody else can chime in here.....but I am not too sure you are getting good advice over the phone. You may get mixed messages - depending on whom you talk to on the phone. Some of the sales folks (I'd bet they are ex-gator girls) are not too knowledgeable at this vendor(s).....at least as determined from my past experience.

It's kinda a sad situation IMO. They have a pretty good product to offer that will fill the bill for lots of folks. But they really don't have a clue about how to sell it....or what it fits, or what hydraulic connections are needed....yadda, yadda. Most often, the customer has to steer the sale....and better do his homework. :confused2: