just back from repair hydro adjustment out??

/ just back from repair hydro adjustment out?? #1  

copperhead1967

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota BX22, Cub ZForce S 48 inch deck
Started a new thread because I need some quick answers. I picked up my BX22 from the dealer today. It was in for a hydro unit replacement. Sent her in without the BH and FEL to hopefully save a few buck in labor, I was wrong there see my last thread.
Anyways I do the normal thing at the dealer. Drive it around, Hi and Low as well as 2 and 4WD. All the lights work, runs like new.
Great so far. I jockey up to the FEL to put it back on once home. Get it on without too much hassle. Then the fun begins.
FEL is real slow and jerky to raise up and down. Roll and Dump work great.
No problem just bleed the air out I say to myself. Do the normal thing, seems to work better in all directions but going up now. I cruise over to the gravel pile to see if she will lift, half a bucket and she won't even attempt to lift it.
Rain storm hits I go inside and ponder the issue. Go back out and reseat connections. No help.
Figure I'll try the BH. Back up and hook up hoses. Use outriggers to raise it up to correct height to roll it in to place. TRY to roll her forward and BH does nothing. No left or Right No Curl. Stabilizers wont go down. Then I look at 3PH and mower deck they are down and wont raise up either. Fluid level is OK actually a little high. Seems to me something isn't pumping right. I checked the conrol valce for the 3PH too. No help. Any ideas before I call the dealer. After the last repair I'm tapped out and trust this guy as far a my FEl would throw him.

/ just back from repair hydro adjustment out?? #2  
I see you must have read my reply to your other post as who would think about light. I sure did not when I got mine. So neither you Fel of BH work right? Sounds like an issue i had not long ago. Check your power beyond connection at the Fel is connected right. I had issues one time and it looked connected ok but was not, but is now!

/ just back from repair hydro adjustment out?? #3  
Hey how did things work out anyways you never updated your other post??

/ just back from repair hydro adjustment out??
Just got back in the house, I disconnected the FEL and BH. Put the FEL and BH loops back on... but the 3PH and mower deck still do not raise. Adjusted speed contol under seat, no change. Should you be able to manually lift and lower (all the way in either direction )the 3PH by hand with little or no resistance?
Then I thought maybe the BH bypass/hookup fitting could be restricted. With the FEL out of the equation it's the only common fitting, since it's used with or without the BH. I couldn't remember if the tractor would actually move with the loop disconnected. Well it does move, so I'm assuming thats not part of the drive hydrolics, so maybe that needs replaced?

Crawled under the tractor and couldn't see anything not hooked up.

Last thing I noticed is the tractor will drift when at idle on a relatively level surface, I though the hydro more or less is supposed to hold the tractor still until you hit the pedal ??

The tractor does still move strong and responsive. There is no whine, just a normal hum sound of fluid going thru the hoses and pipes.

Called Credit card company to hold payment but they said it needs to post first then I can dispute it.....should have wrote a check I guess.
Called the regional manager and he suggested Bob the guy who quit from the dealership could possibly come by and look at it and wouldn't charge me much.... I'm like the same Bob who started this whole mess, are you kidding? I'd have a hole dug for him if the BH worked.::thumbdown:

Last edited:
   / just back from repair hydro adjustment out?? #5  
The thing is no matter what happened at the dealer they should stand behind their work like my dealer is for 3 month! Even tho the idiot that put mine messed up, you should not be charged to get this issue fixed! The regional manager should make it right!

The drifting or crawling is called "creaping" and mine did it when i picked mine up, they fixed it on the spot. Easy adjustment for them.

Is the creeping fixed by the hydro adjustment spring? I'm not toucing anything but just wonder if the thing just needs adjustment. I'll work on it a bit more in two days after work. I know theres some kind of priority flow valve too, have to dig into the shop manual. Going to change the BH loop connectors first.
Taking my 78 year old Mom to the ballgame tomorrow night for her birthday. She hasn't been to a game in 20 years and when us "kids" asked her what she wanted, thats what she asked us to do. Too bad the Pirates are on the skids again. Well, it will be a nice break from all these tractor headaches.

Feel free to offer up any things to check in my absence. I'll check back tomorrow at lunch if I can. Really hope it's something I can figure out and not deal with that dealership again or have to pay another dealer to fix. Sort of turned off by the whole dealer experience right now.

/ just back from repair hydro adjustment out?? #7  
Creeping is probably a treadle adjustment. A minor thing.

As far as your BH and FEL...I'd go straight to the dealer with that, sounds like something in the pump isn't working right. That's assuming everything worked correctly prior to the repair. Don't wait to long or you could have a "he said, she said" thing happen.

Good luck.

/ just back from repair hydro adjustment out?? #8  
Creeping is probably a treadle adjustment. A minor thing.

As far as your BH and FEL...I'd go straight to the dealer with that, sounds like something in the pump isn't working right. That's assuming everything worked correctly prior to the repair. Don't wait to long or you could have a "he said, she said" thing happen.

Good luck.

I totaly agree 2x

All the attachments worked properly when the thing went in. Just couldn't move the beast. I could have towed it around with my truck and dug a trench to the other side of town. Now she moves great but none of the attachments work, not much good but to drive down to the mailbox now.
:confused3:
Is there something that would need calibrated to the new hydro? I did the pressure shim fix years ago but this doesn't seem like a power issue. I have a test rig and can check the pressure but doubt thats going to show anything wrong. The tractor moves strong. Seems more like the fluid isn't being directed where it's needed to the implements. Off to the manuals I go. I am calling the dealership tomorrow to see if he gives a hoot. I already called the regional guy so he's aware too. He's away across the state at the PA Ag fair until Friday but offered to stop by then. Not a mechanic but who knows....

/ just back from repair hydro adjustment out?? #10  
Did the FEL ever operate smoothly after you installed it? Does it raise at the proper speed when MT? If not you are not getting the flow to the valve.

Does the power steering function corrrectly? Again, if not there is a flow issue.

Does the engine change sound when you try to use the hydraulic functions? If no this would also indicate no flow and or pressure being created.

I would not operate the tractor to much until the cause is determined. If the pump is not functioning properly it could lead to more problems and become a real p*ssing contest between you and the dealer.

Roy